Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car not starting after shutting down within a few minutes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car not starting after shutting down within a few minutes?

I posted about this before, but I think I have a better explanation of what is happening...

I have a TRaK cam only Vette, and when I start it up, it fires up perfectly ... but if I goto the corner store just down the street, shut it off, come out and start it again, it is suseptible to not starting up - just turning over and then dying. Sometimes it takes multiple times to get it started, or even when backing up, it'll hit such a low rpm and then just die. If I have driven it for a while and then start it up, it always seems to start right up without problems. It is only if I start it up cold, drive it a mile and shut it off, then start it again is where the problem is.

What could this be? Is it possible I am just not letting it warm up for long enough before I go anywhere? I think I waited about 30 seconds before leaving this morning - should I wait for maybe a full minute or something? The cam was done a few years ago and Thunder Racing tuned it.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:11 PM
9 Second Club

That happened to me but im pretty sure it isnt the same problem. For me, i left the engine temp sensor on so the fan would run and run and run on full tilt and drain my battery. If i drove it for a while it would start to build up amps again, but for short distances it used too much power and didnt regenerate enough. Now im sure this isnt your exact problem, but something like this, anything along those lines with sensors or whatever could be happening.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just spoke with Thunder Racing - they said this was normal, and the car needs to warm up before being shut down and started up again