Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need cali help

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need cali help

I have a 98 Z28 and I live in cali. I hear that shorty headers aren't worth the money and LT are illegal. I was trying to figure how to get more power with maybe a cam/ported heads. Money is tight, but for mods I some how come up with it (20 in college). I was wondering what kind of internal mods i could do that would give me some gains, keeping smog legal and daily driver. I currently have the LM and SLP lid w/K&N. Any suggestions and prices would be great, i am completely lost here.
-Kyle
Old 07-20-2003, 11:32 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: need cali help

Heads and cam will make a nice upgrade and still stay legal. Tuning will be very important also
I hear that some guys are passing the CA emmissions test with cams as large as 224º on 114ºlsa. My '01 truck with 5.3l engine and 214º cam with 112ºlsa easily passed the CA tests. Next year I have to test the SS but I don't expect any problems with the 220º cam and no headers.

Good luck,
Richard
Old 07-21-2003, 12:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: need cali help

Thats what I was hoping to hear. Are you going to put headers on your SS? Also, how much gains/money is it for a port job on my heads, nothing crazy, just decent and cam? Also, my dad has the 5.3L in his truck, what kind of gains you get out of the cam?
-Thanks - Kyle