Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lsXtra 4 inch straight thru exhaust or baffle it

Old 08-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lsXtra 4 inch straight thru exhaust or baffle it

looking for some insight
68 firebird,6.0 w/turbo.4 inch down pipe looks perfectly pointed towards the back and sits where a header collector would be,no problem to add 24 inch of auger baffle to some 4 inch straight pipe,go over the rear and split into two 3inch tail pipes,has anyone used the auger style baffles inside 4 inch and what was the result,would love to keep it uncluttered and clean looking under the car,would this quiet it down enough with the turbo or am i going to need muffs,looking for a great sound but not like open pipes,remember i am using a single 4 inch as far as i can,opinions welcome
Charles
nobody out there ever used auger style baffles in their exhaust,,,need imput soon,,

Last edited by 2lucke4u; 08-10-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: no response
Old 08-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Teching In

still looking for some insight on this idea,YES its a little outside the box but may work great,exhaust flow would be over double a complete 2.5 inch system,and of course the eye appeal of the system would be a bonus,here it is again,,4 inch dowwnpipe with 24 inch of baffle under the seat area,over the rear then split into two 3 inch tailpipes,local shop said 12 inch of baffle would do the job and 24 might be too much backpressure,,anyone on this,,,,thoughts,,experience,,,
Old 08-13-2012, 02:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The exhaust pipe inserts can be rather restrictive, I'd take a look at the Magnaflow #14163 (6" diameter)and the Gibson #789600S (5" diameter). Maybe even consider a pair of SuperTrapp stainless steel mufflers at the very rear of the car..
Old 08-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Teching In

99blue
thanks for the hit on this post,will check out those muffs,still in the planning stage from the down pipe back,
was hoping with so much traffic on this site there would be a lot of responses on the topic,appears a people look at posts but have no experience/opinion
was looking to go stealth on the muffler part of the car instead of the same old heavy weights on the pipes,i might be a little ahead of technology yet,my last exhaust system had 4 muffs and weight was over 100lbs
Old 08-13-2012, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a turbo app there is no way I would run baffles of any kind, I would look at running the biggest muffler you can fit before you split into 2 pipes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lsXtra 4 inch straight thru exhaust or baffle it