Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls3 into a t/a

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls3 into a t/a

I'm dropping an ls3 into a 98 t/a. I've got the motor coming, it's an l92 that I'm converting over. Can I use the ls3 throttle body? The car is going to run an electric water pump and an alternator and that's it. Looking to squeeze the most power out of this car as possible. It will only be driven on and off the trailer and at the track. Trying to think of what else I need!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nick wil

Will the nick Williams 92 bolt up to a stock ls3 manifold?
Old 09-05-2013, 09:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ianman87
Will the nick Williams 92 bolt up to a stock ls3 manifold?
Yes it will. Do a search it will give you info.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

yup any 4 bolt TB will bolt to a stock ls3 intake manifold, I used a fast 92 on mine you its a 90mm opening so you can port it a little to make it match, the ONLY thing you will have to do is make a bracket or buy a bracket that will bolt to the manifold so you can attach the throttle cable to since the ls3 manifold dosnt have it, however if you decide to get a fast 102 for it it will have it. Dont forget you will need to move the map sensor to the front of the engine, I just took mine out of the wiring loom there should be enouph wire to do it without a extention, but you will need extentions for the cam sensor and knock sensors. also if you get a cam sensor extention kit you will most likely need to swap the A and C wires if you throw a cam code, sometimes they are backwards. and also drill new holes for the knock sensors.

Quick Reply: ls3 into a t/a