Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L92 motor: Heads + Cam combo or Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 04:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L92 motor: Heads + Cam combo or Turbo

Hello everyone

I have a 2011 reg cab gmc sierra. I swapped the ol' 5.3 for a L92 6.2 crate motor. It is currently running a full exhaust and CAI. Now im looking for more. I started reading all these threads about heads and cam combos to run but I stumbled on hundreds of combos and don't know where to go from here. I'm looking for a combo that would get me good power and most importantly have good drivability. This is my daily and over here we have 120 degree noons all year long. My first idea was to run 255 trick flow heads and a 114 LSA cam. I also started thinking about a turbo kit from trick performance. Their kits look complete and have good quality. I'm completely stuck on whether to go with a turbo kit or heads and cam combo. Can you guys please help me out and tell me which way you would go, and which heads and cam you would recommend if you think that road would be better.

Thanks in advance and im sure I'll get my answer.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Depending on how much power you want and how driveable you want it to be.

If you're ok with 500rwhp then get a nice set of ported heads and a medium-ish cam and be done with it alot cheaper than a turbo. If you want 600rwhp+ then turbo is your only choice.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldnt mind pinching in a few extra pennies, What i'm really concerned about is drivability with a turbo, because I am definitely setting my hopes high on HP

Quick Reply: L92 motor: Heads + Cam combo or Turbo