Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 z28 low rpms and shuts off

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 02:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 z28 low rpms and shuts off

Whats up guys, I'm having this problem with my 2000 z28 camaro. It keeps turning off when I get to a stop sign or a red light. The RPMS go down and it just shuts off on me but itll turn back on like nothing. This problem isn't persistent though only happens when it wants to so its been a drag for mechanic even an electrician to pinpoint my problem. Here is a list of the symptoms it keeps having
-radio comes on and off
-My ASR off light comes on by itself
-My RPMS go way down when my ac is on & shuts off
-problem happens even when ac is off

The IAC has been replaced as well as crank sensor and computer. Throttle body was cleaned. Any leads on anyone that has experienced something like this? Or what it could be. Kind of getting tired of it and sucks that i get no error codes or nothing to help me pinpoint this. Thanks
Old 10-07-2015, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a short somewhere to me..

Examples I've had;
Actually I just had a broken/disconnected spark plug wire and it caused the stability control to disable with a warning on the dash, engine light and other issues...
Also, in another occasion my TBSS (LS2) stalled out and had funny dash things happen with the battery briefly shorting out (inside plates shorted) so check your battery. You could try an analogue volt meter and hit the battery while testing to see spikes and drops.

Quick Reply: 2000 z28 low rpms and shuts off