Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV Catch Can Routing Question "Forged LS7 with LS3 Topend"

Old 06-07-2016, 02:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PCV Catch Can Routing Question "Forged LS7 with LS3 Topend"

So I have a proper Catch can routing question... I have a Forged H/C LS7 11.25:1, that uses a LS3 topend. I just recently had the car retuned and it was setup on Speed Density. The shop that tuned my car said I a PCV Vac leak because of my catch can / breather setup and having the wrong valley cover "LS6 Version"... So they changed my valley cover to a LS3/7 style and scrapped my catch can/breather. They ended up looping the PCV to intake like oem with a U-hose and drilled 2 holes on my airbridge. They ran a tube from my driver side rear to a hole on the airbridge, and ran a hose from my passenger side front to the other hole on my airbridge.

So, I pulled my TB off yesterday and noticed I had fresh oil puddled on the Throttle body blade opening, Buddy seen this and said they way they did it was wrong and It needs to breath so I dont blow my rear main seal because All I am doing is taking everything and just putting it back through my intake.

So my question is, If I go back and plug the holes on my airbridge, Cap the 2 nipples on my valve covers and scrap those 2 hoses. Pick up a oil cap with a -10 nipple and run that into my breather catch can and hook that up between the PCV and intake. Would this be sufficient or am I going to cause a Leak.

Or should I leave a normal oil cap on, Plug the holes that were drilled into my airbridge and take the 2 hoses from my valve cover and put those into the breather catch can and cap the Intake port and PCV nipple basically eliminating the pcv ...

Any help would be appreciated, I just want to stop the oil, Vent everything properly without having a air leak ect....

Crap pic but this was with the catch/can breather setup before when I had a LS6 valley, Claimed PCV Vac leak

What It Looks Like Now

Name:  20160315_163554_zpshawe8ogs.jpg
Views: 3092
Size:  290.3 KB

Name:  20160315_163606_zpsiu2qlh7k.jpg
Views: 3928
Size:  269.3 KB
Old 06-07-2016, 10:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nobody
Old 06-24-2016, 05:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put it back to how you had it with the catch can and save yourself the oil vapors going back into your motor. You're already using a speed density tune so there's no need to revert measured air back into the motor after the MAF. Hope this helps. -J

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PCV Catch Can Routing Question "Forged LS7 with LS3 Topend"