Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 port questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS3 port questions

hello, can anyone tell me what these 2 ports are where they go?

Old 03-10-2017, 11:19 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Top pic looks like a steam port, probably goes to the radiator if I had to guess.

The bottom pic looks like the PCV port on the valvecover.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know if you are doing an LS1 > LS3 swap in an F-body, but since that is what I am doing, I will answer the question as if you are.

1) Yes, that is the steam port. On the LS3, it only connects to the front two corners of the heads (the rear two are blocked off, unlike the LS1, where all 4 join below the intake manifold). On the LS1, it goes through the underside of the throttle body to warm it up, and then pops out slightly to the LEFT (passenger side) of the intake and goes to the radiator. On the LS3, it comes out slightly to the right, and is a smaller hose. You'll have to figure out how to get it to the radiator.

2) That is the intake air pipe for the PCV system. The outlet pipe on the LS3 shoots out of the valley and has a short ribbed, plastic hose that can be seen just below the purple connector in your second pic. It connects to the metal tube at the top of your throttle body if you are staying with a mechanical throttle linkage. Air gets supplied after the MAF senor, but before the throttle butterfly, if you need to plumb it in for a drive-by-wire throttle. Any blow-by or oil fumes get sucked back up by the PCV system, and pulled into the intake manifold to be burned off with the fuel-and-air mix through that ribbed hose.

Some good reference here.

Quick Reply: LS3 port questions