Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catch can question for N/A 5.3

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 01:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Catch can question for N/A 5.3

Before I order my catch can setup I had a question on Single vs Dual setup. I have a Gen4 5.3 that is N/A. Is a Dual Valve can needed at all or should I stick with a Single?

My current plan with a Single Valve and Separator was:
1.) Connect Driver Valve Cover port to Catch Can, then to top of intake manifold.
2.) With the Cleanside Separator, I block on the passenger valve cover port, then connect separator where oil fill cap was, then to the existing port on intake tube.

Elite told to block of the front valley cover port since it (I am using a LS3 Valley cover for my AFM/DOD Delete) was not needed. I also do not have any ports on the side of the intake near the throttle body, so say I went with a dual valve, where else would I connect to, or is dual valves only for turbo setups? The current ports I do have are: Drive side valve cover rear port, Top of intake manifold, front of valley cover, passenger valve cover front port, and intake tube port.

Last edited by 07NBSChevy; 03-22-2017 at 02:24 AM.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can a mod move this to Gen4 External engine please!

Quick Reply: Catch can question for N/A 5.3