Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ground Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ground Issue?

I have had my engine built by a great team, but since the last time the engine was out it is a little finnicky Sometimes its bad as hell and pulls super hard, but others normally after the second time i start it it is just a little off, its hard to explain but it doesnt feel the same. The cam gives a little lope, so its hard to tell but i think it may miss a little. i started noticing that my automatic antennae goes up randomly while going down the road or will not come down when i shut off the car. i am wondering if i may have a ground issue since there are a few electronic goodies hooked up to the car. I guess i could just redo all grounds but just wanted to see what you guys thought.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bumpity bump
Old 05-05-2017, 09:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Grounds are recommended to be in a "Y" configuration to prevent ground loops. The engine block is the center of the "Y". On leg goes to the battery. Another leg goes to the chasis and the last leg goes to the frame. Not saying this is your problem because you could well have a power problem somewhere with a bad connection. Same with a bad ground connection.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Like said above. Engine to battery, Engine to body, and Engine to Frame. Clean both the terminal ends and any paint that may be on the frame/body to get a good contact.

I have been told, that it is best to connect the grounds onto the engine at different points as well. On my truck, the Engine to Battery is connected to the front of the passenger head, the Engine to Frame is connected to the Driver side of the block near the timing cover, and the Engine to body is connected to the rear of the driver head.

Quick Reply: Ground Issue?