Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 CTS-V vibration between 1500-2500 RPM's

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 CTS-V vibration between 1500-2500 RPM's

I just installed creative steel motor and trans mounts and on the test drive I noticed a terrible vibration from 1500-2500 RPM's. I know they say the vibrations are more noticeable after the install, but I can't imagine anyone driving around like this- it's so bad that the rear view and the dash shake. The vibration coincides with engine speed- doesn't matter what gear I'm in, driving/idling, clutch engaged or depressed. I've read in a couple other threads where getting rid of the stock clutch set up fixed similar issues, but I'm not the original owner and don't know if the clutch has ever been replaced. There are no other clutch issues are noticed at this time- no slipping or engagement issues.

- The balancer is new within the last year
- The exhaust is free and clear from any chassis/body parts
- No CEL on at this time
- All plugs and wires were just replaced and no signs of fouling on old plugs

Any other input is appreciated.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 07ctsv
I just installed creative steel motor and trans mounts and on the test drive I noticed a terrible vibration from 1500-2500 RPM's. I know they say the vibrations are more noticeable after the install, but I can't imagine anyone driving around like this- it's so bad that the rear view and the dash shake. The vibration coincides with engine speed- doesn't matter what gear I'm in, driving/idling, clutch engaged or depressed. I've read in a couple other threads where getting rid of the stock clutch set up fixed similar issues, but I'm not the original owner and don't know if the clutch has ever been replaced. There are no other clutch issues are noticed at this time- no slipping or engagement issues.

- The balancer is new within the last year
- The exhaust is free and clear from any chassis/body parts
- No CEL on at this time
- All plugs and wires were just replaced and no signs of fouling on old plugs

Any other input is appreciated.

Bump. Any ideas? I've heard some people say the urethane mounts and trans mounts cause more vibration but others have said their car runs smooth with the upgraded mounts

Last edited by 07ctsv; 07-03-2017 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have creative steel mounts in my car and I have no noticeable vibration while driving. You need to determine if you still have the stock clutch or not. Chances are that the stock mounts where masking the vibration from the dual mass flywheel that is the most common scenario on this car. Other things to look at, the center support bearing on the driveshaft, also known for sagging and dry rotting causing a driveline vibration.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We have had stock balancer bad out of the box and start to wobble within a year, so check it also and don't assume it's good from age.

Quick Reply: LS2 CTS-V vibration between 1500-2500 RPM's