Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No oil pressure.please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 06:49 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No oil pressure.please help

I just swapped my cammed ls1 from 241 heads to stock 243's. New oil filter new gaskets etc. Of coarse pulling the intake manifold off I broke the oil pressure sending unit and noticed a bad oil leake so today I replaced that and accidently broken the little snapping clip on the outside of the pigtail where it plugs into the sending unit behind intake. I took it for a ride and my pressure was good had 0 leaks. Driving back about 3 min later still all good and gave it some gas and all of a sudden oil pressure went into the read at 0 and would barely go up at all with me giving it gas. Check gauges light came on of coarse. I parked car reached behind intake and the harness was still plugged in??. Oil pressure ready 40 with car and ignition off. When ignition turns on it will max out at 80 then once I turn it over and idle it'll sit all way down at 0 again??? Car is a 2000 camaro ss ls1 automatic.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was told o got a bad part out of the box so I'm trying a new one tomorrow
Old 03-22-2018, 03:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Fit a new sensor and ensure the wiring is not damaged.