Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LY6 start and idle issues, Help!?

Old 01-28-2023, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LY6 start and idle issues, Help!?

Hello everybody, first time poster so i'd just like to say thanks in advance!
I have a 2009 LY6 with a stage 4 Summit Racing Truck cam, stock bottom end except new bearings and rings that have been gapped for boost. I use HP Tuners, E38 Gen 4 ECM and AEM wideband with serial port logging. I could get the truck to start and steady idle on the stock sensors but I changed over from stock 1 bar map sensor to a 3 bar Low Doller Motorsports MAP sensor along with fuel pressure sensor, on the rail. My issues is with the sensors they gave a 0-5V scale rating on pressures, but there is no linear or offset provided, and I have not been able to find a place on my factory ECM to input those values. I have found the GM offsets for the 3 bar sensor on the Sloppy Mechanics Wiki, but not sure if they will still be accurate for the 3 bar sensor or if they would know if they are only applicable to GM sensors? Also where would a good starting point be to work on smoothing my idle?
Onto the fuel sensor issue, I pinned the ECM plug with the correct locations according to LT1 Swap, as I built my own harness, I added those wires in when building. When scanning under Fuel Pressure, when I log as Voltage I do get a number, does anyone know how to get this to show in a graph that is loggable. I collected data on the pressure/voltage comparison at various pressures if anyone is able to provide me a formula, or read over and see what you think of mine. Thanks!
0 PSI- 0.51V
58PSI- 2.65V According to my math, it would be roughly ([Fuel Pressure]-0.51)*27.10 , but when the math goes through it doesn't give me a display in my graph. Files are attached, thanks a ton in advance if you even took the time to read this far!

New setup, I understand the wastegate is close to the MAF but it was my only position due to room

When running with 1 bar GM sensor in manifold

Attached Files
File Type: hpt
File Type: hpl
LS10 MAF PT2.hpl (131.0 KB, 12 views)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LY6 start and idle issues, Help!?