Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New FAST LSXHR Intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,432 Likes on 992 Posts

Bortous, sorry to hear you've had several experiences with American businesses where a rude sales person picked up the phone.

That's definitely a poor business practice.

If it's a recorded line inforning the manager or ownerattention may help. After excellent service for years, I had a very bad Hagerty insurance agent. The recorded call was reviewed by the manager. Next interaction the agent behaved in a professional manner. Even the rude voice mail intro had been revised.

Sadly, some folks in the US are rude out of bad habits combined with ignorance. They don't realize it because it's second nature to them.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 461 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
Bortous, sorry to hear you've had several experiences with American businesses where a rude sales person picked up the phone.

That's definitely a poor business practice.

If it's a recorded line inforning the manager or ownerattention may help. After excellent service for years, I had a very bad Hagerty insurance agent. The recorded call was reviewed by the manager. Next interaction the agent behaved in a professional manner. Even the rude voice mail intro had been revised.
Sadly, some folks in the US are rude out of bad habits combined with ignorance. They don't realize it because it's second nature to them.
It's all good.
I had one other experience with another shop the other day too.
They had an ls7 head and cam package that makes about 640rwhp and I just wanted to know the amount of overlap that camshaft has so I can get an idea on the driveability.
He refused to answer such a basic question and then told me overlap has nothing to do with driveability which is a bunch of bull.
Go figure.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by G Atsma
And those are their BETTER qualities.... lol
what great characters
Old 04-21-2019, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 734 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Che70velle
I ain’t going down there. You guys have like 300 (major exaggeration) species of poisonous snakes and spiders. It seems everything down there will kill you, or at least what I see on tv shows about Australia anyway...beautiful looking place however.
Im not even gunna lie, when i hear Australia, i immediately think of all the things that can instantly kill you...defly a stereo type, but these things are real...and in my head, are very scary. God damn tv!!!
Oh, and than theres the whole no gun rights issues. I doubt id go for a nature walk without a rifle or handgun there,lol. Only thing that will kill you untimely here is DRUGS.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by rkupon1
Im not even gunna lie, when i hear Australia, i immediately think of all the things that can instantly kill you...defly a stereo type, but these things are real...and in my head, are very scary. God damn tv!!!
Oh, and than theres the whole no gun rights issues. I doubt id go for a nature walk without a rifle or handgun there,lol. Only thing that will kill you untimely here is DRUGS.
You americans and your guns. Lol
I know a place in the USA where you can make good use of them.
You can have guns here but there are strict rules.
You need to conquer your fears and come here to Australia.
All those poisonous species you fear I have never seen them in person.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 734 Likes on 400 Posts

^^^ perfect^^^
Im all about it someday. Looks like a cool place. I like the style of cars you guys build there too.
I could defly go the rest of my life without any of my gun collection, but itd kill me if other people have em n i cannot,lol. But yea, its not that serious, im quite sure our rights will be gone in this life time. To much bs going on here. Plain n simple
Old 04-21-2019, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by rkupon1
^^^ perfect^^^
Im all about it someday. Looks like a cool place. I like the style of cars you guys build there too.
I could defly go the rest of my life without any of my gun collection, but itd kill me if other people have em n i cannot,lol. But yea, its not that serious, im quite sure our rights will be gone in this life time. To much bs going on here. Plain n simple
I will post a pic of my vehicle for your guys to see.
Only made in Australia.
And not exported any where.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 194 Likes on 119 Posts

CONUS to Australia used to be the longest over sea flight in the world...over 18 hours from LAX to Sydney,
Old 04-21-2019, 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by fnbadaz06
CONUS to Australia used to be the longest over sea flight in the world...over 18 hours from LAX to Sydney,
That's right.
Which is why I recommend premium economy seat at a minimum.
The longest flight is from Australia to Rio Del Janeiro
32 hours including a 4 hour stop over
Old 04-22-2019, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

The trip is worth it if you can save up for the travel costs and required time off to see the country.

Most dangerous thing I saw was a little red flower in the woods. Same rules as other rainforests I've been through, don't touch what you can't identify.
Old 05-26-2019, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates on when this will be released?
Old 05-26-2019, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by that national
Any updates on when this will be released?
What I'm wanting to know too.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 194 Likes on 119 Posts

Update - see my testing of this intake in my HPR 468 build thread
Old 08-27-2019, 10:46 AM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Originally Posted by fnbadaz06
Update - see my testing of this intake in my HPR 468 build thread
+1 -- Seriously, if you have been following the LSXHR, you need to go check out all that testing data
Old 08-28-2019, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Data shows potential but where can you buy one?
Old 08-28-2019, 06:31 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,368 Likes on 2,085 Posts

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
+1 -- Seriously, if you have been following the LSXHR, you need to go check out all that testing data
Darth I agree with you totally, BUT the intake tested wasn’t the final product, as your well aware. Personally I’m let down. I love data. Crave data, but the data in that comparison will differ from the final product. I’m not really sure why Comp sent the prototype out for the test, knowing that social media was watching and eagerly waiting for results that aren’t up to snuff (I’m hoping) with the final product. Surely they have tested the prototype previously in house?? Blows my mind to think that Fast doesnt or didn’t have their production unit ready for this test. I believe that fnbad said that they had this in their possession for a couple months. Sorry for this rant guys. Not my style to gripe or complain.

Last edited by Che70velle; 08-28-2019 at 06:33 PM. Reason: I’m a retard
Old 08-28-2019, 06:50 PM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Originally Posted by Che70velle
Darth I agree with you totally, BUT the intake tested wasn’t the final product, as your well aware. Personally I’m let down. I love data. Crave data, but the data in that comparison will differ from the final product. I’m not really sure why Comp sent the prototype out for the test, knowing that social media was watching and eagerly waiting for results that aren’t up to snuff (I’m hoping) with the final product. Surely they have tested the prototype previously in house?? Blows my mind to think that Fast doesnt or didn’t have their production unit ready for this test. I believe that fnbad said that they had this in their possession for a couple months. Sorry for this rant guys. Not my style to gripe or complain.
Yeah, but some of the early LOD results were almost too good to be true. Then along comes a prototype "FAST branded LOD" and kind of backs up the LOD results, such as lazer lemon getting pretty big gains over the fast mid runner with no tuning changes. So while I agree, grains of salt required, I also look at the LOD production data out there that seems to agree. My $0.02 anyway...
Old 10-09-2019, 08:18 AM
Launching!

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

The ls3 intake is finally shipping, I ordered mines last night
https://www.fuelairspark.com/lsxhr-1...ular-port.html
Old 10-09-2019, 05:46 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

That's amazing.

If only it would fit.

I'm still looking at the LOD sheetmetal deal or the TSP LS3 sheetmetal (which will fit). But I want to see how far the FAST Mid-Runner takes me first.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:04 AM
Launching!

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Here's a technical drawing showing the exact height

Quick Reply: New FAST LSXHR Intake