Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Holley Sniper Cross Ram Dual TB Intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 12:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

Talking

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
My experience with aluminum intake is actually FALSE heat soak. If you convert to a maf with integrated IAT. My intake tubing got hot and my fueling went lean, and my timing got cut back.

Moved back to separate IAT, and got it seeing fresh air, both corrected. Then went SD and ditched mad altogether.

I'm running low profile sniper, and it's head and shoulders better than the ls7 intake. Makes way less traction.
I have mine speed density until I get my map changed and reading correctly. Havent ran nine hard yet . I'm a bit anxious you could say
Old 10-28-2018, 04:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Ok guys your right i'm wrong, No such thing as heat soak power loss! Hahahaha
Old 10-28-2018, 04:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by ramairws6
Ok guys your right i'm wrong, No such thing as heat soak power loss! Hahahaha
not saying it dont happen, we saying we dont see it on this intake.
but no one is telling you to run 1, keep what works for you man.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Also haven’t seen impressive results with crossrams either tbh
Old 10-29-2018, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 734 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
Also haven’t seen impressive results with crossrams either tbh
None of em? I guess we d have to define impressive results first. I know with NA set ups it can become very expensive for additional hp. But i truly hope with the prices of some of these crossrams, that its worth it all things considered. Luckily for me, mine isnt only for max effort, but its a nice center piece to my over build. God knows if all i was after was a max hp or grudge car, i sure could have easily built something much faster for prolly half the price i have in my nova. But than again, it wouldnt be as cool or unique. Which is also part of my cars theme/end goal. Im one of those guys who bought a crossram intake. It was not cheap, n it suposedly does produce impressive results. But i will say its about the coolest car part i ve ever owned. Cant wait to get it on n running. IMHO
Old 10-29-2018, 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

If the manifold does not work right or coordinate with the rest of the build, all cool factor flies right out the window
"Wow, this car REALLY has a huge bog from idle to about 4000RPM...…."
"Yeah, but it LOOKS REALLY COOL, right? "
"Well it's under the hood, and we're moving, sooooo….."
Old 10-29-2018, 07:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
If the manifold does not work right or coordinate with the rest of the build, all cool factor flies right out the window

but if you look at the fancy holley dyno chart this on is super duper

Old 10-29-2018, 07:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

I wonder what the engine build under that manifold.looks like …..
Old 10-29-2018, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 734 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
yea well "IF" is the question i supose. Again, mine is part of my new planned motor build. So it was accounted for by my engine builder and taken into consideration from jump. Long discussions and heavy pro vs cons went into choosing it. Some people may just assume function, but for 5k, i did not assume anything n had lengthy discussions with Mike about it from jump as part of my "break up" with my original turbo build. He s actually built motors with them before.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by wannafbody
Would be nice if Holley test fit their parts, just saying.
They do...just not sure on what engine lol
Old 11-08-2018, 04:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 801 Likes on 611 Posts

IRTB's still look cooler
Old 11-16-2018, 02:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
Let's cut out the hyperbole. This style of intake doesn't belong to anyone. Dual plenum intakes and criss cross runners have been around for a long time. Look back at the C5r racing program and you can see this style of intake being used. Edelbrock has a version as well. The performance design intake is gorgeous, but it is also $5000...

Andrew
Same design was used on 5.0 Mustangs like forever ago....

http://ollav.com/naturalaspiration/bxr/

Old 11-17-2018, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I guess this new sniper manifold is what made my old unfinished cross ram dual plenum intake manifold project I never finished get brought back up.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-intake-4.html
I put as much time as anyone into researching this intake design, Designed properly this intake type will make more overall uncompromised power than any other intake design. I also did get a little advise from a gm LS intake engineer, as well as a few other respected airflow experts.
Biggest minuses are cost, complexity, & of course for some of us getting the damn thing to fit.
Saw nothing about pricing , quality external or internal yet, but the shown dyno graph does cover a good rpm range, making the result of the design more appealing. Remember the pro-flo xt only showing high rpm results? I wouldn't doubt their internals could maybe use a little smoothing at the welds, which you couldn't reach the uppers to work on . Speaking of the uppers welds where the runners go into in the plenums, wonder if they have any sort of bellmouths raised above the plenum floor. Raised bellmouths would be the optimum design. Radiused openings into the runners would be ok. Sharp openings not so optimum. BUT, if price is right & quality aluminum, a decent welder/fabricator could cut top apart , fab & weld in bellmouths , & stitch it back together.
Also wonder what sort of aluminum is used & if it could be bought up to a high polish & be reasonably maintained that way. Could also be coated or painted,
Another aspect is twin throttle bodies would be extra expense & issues to tune if holley doesn't provide solutions as a package. I was making my intake into a single throttle body opening , such as the no-show VR intake was going to do. Not like most of us really need more than 90 or 105 throttle body. We all know tuning anything is key & not all tuners understand half of what the need to know about some things..
Lastly would be I'm sure you need aftermarket fuel rails and how is manifold seating quality. I see O-rings, so that's good.
Interested to see more, but I don't doubt this will be on backorder.What's new right? If Holley can get oil pans out quick enough, what's gonna happen here.
As I said in last post onmy intake, wish I'd have started out fabbing from all aluminum, I wouldn't have got burned out on the project several times & most likely would be using it now.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 801 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Same design was used on 5.0 Mustangs like forever ago....

http://ollav.com/naturalaspiration/bxr/
BBK made a cross ram style for the pushrod 302
Old 11-19-2018, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

So i decided to figure up how much this would cost to install on my car.

intake with rails. 900.00 with holleydays discount
torque rush x2. 430.00
90mm dbw throttle bodies 140.00 shipped for both.

total of 1470.00 bucks with out incidentals. If it works as good as the dyno graph i think it will be worth it for sure.
might just try it. Now if i can figure out how to explain why this is needed to my wife. Lol
Old 11-19-2018, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Of course for the same or less i could order a 4 inch stroke crank and some pistons and stroke my engine to a 418 and it will gain more torque and power then that intake will make and i wouldnt have the tuning hassle to work on.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:18 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm ready to pull the trigger and buy this manifold, but not until Ozmo Eng. gets back with me to let me know their controllers are back in stock.

**Edit**
Well...........maybe not. Ozmo did get back with me. However, my phone call with Holley has got me worried that I might be opening the proverbial can of worms. I asked them if my stock LS3 injectors would fit, and they said that LS3 injectors are EV6 style, and that this intake uses EV1 style injectors. I'm new to LS engines, so this injector stuff is new to me. But, if that is the case, then this means that there are are a lot more hidden costs besides buying the intake, the second DBW TB, and the controller for it. I'm afraid that it may be a bridge too far for me. Oh, and Ozmo told me that they aren't building the controller anymore.

Last edited by Fab57; 11-19-2018 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You would have to buy injector hats csuse the ls3 injectors are shorter. No big thing. Look up a place called torque rush and the x2 controller. It works pretty good in my experience. There will alwsys be incidentals when your the first to use something. Id put a balnce tube in it for the map sensor to read off of. I tuned a home made tunnel ram with dual plenums and throttlebodies before and it would pulse the map signal with a good size cam. Made it wierd to tune till we ran hose from both plenums to the sensor.