Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dilemma, I need -8AN fuel rails for the super victor ls1 efi manifold!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 06:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DIET COKE please explain my screenshot then ofnthebedelbrock rails, it specifically says it has -6AN inlets and outlets, and I want -8an inlet and outlets your comment makes no sense to me.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Thats a -6 ORB inlet. Don't know why they advertise it as -AN, because it isnt.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:16 AM
Teching In

Yes you are right. Except I'm going to be making big hp and want the bigger -8orb fuel rail inlet outlet. Thevls3 version of my manifold had a kit with -8orb rails but not my version for the ls1, they use different size brackets I'm guessing and of course edelbrock won't sell their brackets only. So the only option I have is try to make these huge Ebay rails work, they are supposed to support more ths 3000hp because they are 5/8 inner diameter instead of 1/2", and use the -10orb fitting so I would use -10orb to -8AN. So if I can't figure out how to make brackets for these rails and manifold I have that use the longer style ls1 ev1 deka injectors than I am screwed. I wish edelbrock would just make a kit and doesnt really make sense why they only offer -6orb rails for a huge intake like the super vic.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

The super vic isn't a huge power intake- anyone making real power isn't going to run one; that is, enough to need a bigger fuel rail. Two -6s is plenty of headspace for 1k hp.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:44 AM
Teching In

The super has bigger runners than any stock ls intake and is one of the biggest 4150 style manifolds for the ls.. The other style intakes look bigger because they a have intercooler built into them pretty much the only difference.. The super vic is capable of very high horsepower in forced induction applications and has equal length runners for better distribution of fuel and air. Yes other manifolds are better due to the fact they have water cooling lines, intercooler etc but they also cost twice as much or more than the super vic.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:52 AM
Teching In

Also i will be running e85 and if you look at aeromotives pump schematics two -8 fittings are required to the fuel rails and there pumps use -10AN fittings reduced to -8 to the rails and a -8 return from regulator. I would rather over do my fuel system than not have enough and go lean. Also their schematic for this setup is only good for 980hp on e85 so no -6 would not cut it. You need more flow and capacity when using e85..

Last edited by stevexcitement; 03-22-2019 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:52 PM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stevexcitement
Looks like I might be buying the same holley rails you have, summit says they are -8an inlets which is what I need lol. My manifold has the same setup as yours does but I need the tall ls1 injectors, could I get the same u stock aluminum you got and just use washers to make it taller?
I would probably make a solid block/stand to go between the channel and the intake. You might also spend some time Googling to see if you can find a deeper channel. Should be various ways to do this...
Old 03-21-2019, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Yah was thinking deeper channel, I notice you had the 1 inch bottom with the 2 inch legs but you said the width was still a little less than .750"? My fuel rails are right at 1 inch at the bottom. I wonder how tall I would need the u channel to be if I am using tall ls1 style injectors. I don't have the injectors yet lol so this is just going to have to wait until I get injectors I guess.. Trying to get all the parts I need before I send engine to shop to get built. Still need the flexplate, and balancer. Also buying a new ford 9" rear end and th400 trans, so trying to see what I want to spend money on first lmao. So many things to buy! I have forged pistons, forged, rods, forged k1 crank, my block, heads, intake, 102mm throttle body, intake elbow. Was going to get drivetrain first before I send engine out to get built. So I guess this whole intake debacle might have to wait till the very end. Just have parts sitting in front of me so it bothers me and I am ocd lol. Maybe I can find a set of bad injectors for free for mock up purposes so I can get this manifold out of the way while I wait for parts and paycheck lol.

Last edited by stevexcitement; 03-21-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:23 PM
Teching In

These are the VMS racing rails i'm working with, 5/8" inner diameter and uses a -10orb fitting on inlet/outlets.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:04 PM
Teching In

The tallest u channel I can find is what you have 2" legs, ugh more frustration. So now I am going to have to try and make spacers that go under the u channel. Also nothing comes up on google when searching for bracket making for fuel rails. Not a lot of people use the super vic for ls1 style I guess or are satisfied with the -6orb rail they offer for the ls1 super vic which won't work for my application since this engine will be capable of over 1k hp and will be running e85 only.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Saw this on ebay, guy made brackets for fast rails I gues, like a L bracket.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:51 PM
Launching!

You probably don't need a 'u', I did it because it allowed me to bolt through the rail since I was using aluminum, I felt more comfortable with that. If you use a steel L, it should be plenty strong to not require the bolt through. Or you can bolt through the rail and the bracket on the back like the picture.

Since your rail is apparently thicker than mine, I presume you are searching for something like 1.25" wide instead of 1" wide that I used?

The LS1 injectors are going to be about 1" taller than the LS3/LS7 I used...
Old 03-21-2019, 07:11 PM
Teching In

I just ordered a 1ft section of 3x3 angle that is 1/8" thick. so that is one inch taller than what you used and I can cut the other side to fit. This should be fun lol. I think I am going to also drill all the way through since I think this will make it more rigid or solid, and have less chance of moving around. Thanks for all the help carbuff!
Old 03-21-2019, 08:04 PM
Teching In

One more question for ya Carbuff. Did you keep the u channel at 2"tall? Since I got 3" Angle I'm hoping this will be correct, only way to tell is when the injectors are in I guess, and how tight do you want the injectors in? Are they free to spring, is the bracket just there to hold them in place or to put pressure on them. I hope these don't leak.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by stevexcitement
One more question for ya Carbuff. Did you keep the u channel at 2"tall? Since I got 3" Angle I'm hoping this will be correct, only way to tell is when the injectors are in I guess, and how tight do you want the injectors in? Are they free to spring, is the bracket just there to hold them in place or to put pressure on them. I hope these don't leak.
No I didn't. The pads on the intake where you will bolt the brackets to, at least on my intake, are at an angle to the plane of the fuel rail. So I installed the injectors into the rail, seated them, and measured the needed length. Then I cut them, but did so at an angle such that the top of the bracket followed the line of the fuel rail for aesthetics. Not hard, just measure twice, cut once.

I installed mine such that the o-rings seated on the lips in the intake and the fuel rail. I didn't push them down hard, but just to where they felt right. Then measured. Then I cut the brackets out of the length of channel, drilled the hole to attach to the intake, then screwed them to the intake, then inserted the rail into the 2 brackets with the injectors to make sure I had the heights right. Then I drilled the hole in the bracket sides, reattached to the intake, reseated the rails, and used a transfer punch to mark the centers to drill the rails. Then drill and assemble for final check.

Not hard, just be patient. And realize it's better to screw up the bracket than the fuel rail, so if you're gonna make a mistake, make it on the bracket.