Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Updates on new FAST LSXHR 103mm manifold

Old 06-05-2019, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 461 Likes on 358 Posts

Default Updates on new FAST LSXHR 103mm manifold

Does anyone know when that new FAST intake is coming out?
It has been delayed for a long time so far.
I was looking at a dyno sheet compared to a stock LS3 intake and I was very surprised at the minimal loss of torque in the low and mid range.
The 103mm intake matches the LS3 intake for torque from 4800rpm then pulls away from 5800rpm.
So much so I am considering purchasing one in the future as the sacrifices are small and the gains are big.
The tall stacks that the intake comes with, are capable of supplying enough air to 8000rpm which is awesome.
Plus you will get a cleaner idle with a lot of overlap too.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

I have been looking at this intake as well, just dont see it fitting in my fbody 🤨
Old 06-06-2019, 08:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 194 Likes on 119 Posts

Our engine dyno session got delayed until mid/late July because of some engine dyno upgrades/updates that didn't go smoothly for us to meet our original time frame.
The dyno issues appear to have been resolved, but myself and the other players are booked solid thru the rest of this month and into mid July.

I can't share a lot of info at this time because the manifold I have is a pre-production unit, and the manufacture wants the data we are going to get to apply to the final product, and to confirm their own internal dyno results with a 3rd party results.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:57 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by fnbadaz06
Our engine dyno session got delayed until mid/late July because of some engine dyno upgrades/updates that didn't go smoothly for us to meet our original time frame.
The dyno issues appear to have been resolved, but myself and the other players are booked solid thru the rest of this month and into mid July.

I can't share a lot of info at this time because the manifold I have is a pre-production unit, and the manufacture wants the data we are going to get to apply to the final product, and to confirm their own internal dyno results with a 3rd party results.
Ok cool but do you have any idea when this intake will be ready for production?
I hope you post some dyno results on here.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:50 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bortous
Ok cool but do you have any idea when this intake will be ready for production?
I hope you post some dyno results on here.
Unfortunately, I don't know when it will be made available to the public. I suspect that once we get mine on the dyno and we get the numbers, Comp will use that data as 3rd party validation results to back up their internal test.
At that point, if any of the modifications we do to the intake warrant inclusion in the final product, that means an engineering change to the manufacturing program.

As far as posting final dyno results on a public forum are concerned, I'm constrained by the manufacture on what can be released.
I'll certainly post as much as I'm allowed, and given I'll be testing two of the other most popular intakes on the market for the LS7..the Holley Hi-Ram and the Mamo ported MSD, I'll have some data to share.

I just want people to know it's not a vapor ware product...it does in fact exist

The new FAST runners versus the MSD .....

Last edited by fnbadaz06; 08-14-2019 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:04 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by fnbadaz06
Unfortunately, I don't know when it will be made available to the public. I suspect that once we get mine on the dyno and we get the numbers, Comp will use that data as 3rd party validation results to back up their internal test.
At that point, if any of the modifications we do to the intake warrant inclusion in the final product, that means an engineering change to the manufacturing program.

As far as posting final dyno results on a public forum are concerned, I'm constrained by the manufacture on what can be released.
I'll certainly post as much as I'm allowed, and given I'll be testing two of the other most popular intakes on the market for the LS7..the Holley Hi-Ram and the Mamo ported MSD, I'll have some data to share.

I just want people to know it's not a vapor ware product...it does in fact exist

The new FAST runners versus the MSD .....

Wow.
Can you tell us the engine combination you will be using to test that new fast intake?
Old 06-06-2019, 11:20 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bortous
Wow.
Can you tell us the engine combination you will be using to test that new fast intake?
Yes, my engine build is in the internal Gen IV section "My HPR 468 build"
Old 08-26-2019, 01:43 PM
TECH Regular

Update - I've added the updates regarding this intake and my dyno testing under my HPR 468 build thread.

Search this Thread