Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Victory Racing Engines BEWARE!!!

Old 06-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Victory Racing Engines BEWARE!!!

I want to first say that I run a business that is Michigan based and that has been owned by my family for 50 years. We know how to run a business and I understand that you cannot make EVERYONE happy. Myself, I am an easy going person when it comes to having work done for me as I know how it is dealing with the public, maybe this was my undoing in this situation. Now with all that out of the way here is the story...

I drop my engine components off back in NOVEMBER (Ls3 block, rotating assembly, and misc parts) I was in no hurry for any of it and I made that clear. So a few months go by..... owner of Victory even stops in my store once, never says anything about my engine, I figured whatever no big deal. Another few months go by and I start to think about my parts sitting on there floor or possibly getting robbed for another project, So I start calling for a timeframe. I get "well ill have the engine builder call you" ok another two weeks goes by. I call again "O ure that guy we lost your info.. I say the owner knows where my shop is how could he not know how to get ahold of me???? but again, I say whatever and give it to them. Another few weeks go by. I call again leave a voicemail. I call back a week later leave two voicemails in the same day. NO call back!!! So I call again later in the day. Someone answers I express my displeasure for the lack of communication, He explains hes new. I cant get mad at the new guy so I just say ok so whats the story on my engine?? He goes and checks comes back and tells me "You never left a deposit with your parts" Im like wtf you have to be kidding me, nobody told me I needed to leave money on top of 3k worth of parts????? Besides its been there for 8 months and Ive called countless times and nobody mentions a deposit. At this point Im ready to explode I get the owner on the phone and ask him wtf the deal is??? He says "you called me on my cell I have no idea whats going on" I say dude you've had my engine for 8 months now you want a deposit??? Well yeah... I need a deposit to start. I think that is the biggest load of bull**** that I need to leave a deposit along with 3k of my **** for them to do nothing buy straight labor on my provided parts. Either way I agree ill pay a deposit he says he'll come by and get the money (that was last monday.) Well he finally SENDS somebody else to pick up the deposit and she doesn't know the deposit amount calls him and he tells her $1500 Im like am I paying in full or something, shes like no its going to be more. Im like they told me less then $1500 for the whole thing back 8 months ago. SO im like **** this I send my brother over to pick up my parts and In the mean time I call another local machine shop, I come to find out they are the machine shop that does a lot or all of the work for Victory. So that's who has my business now and they are alot more on top of things and wouldn't you know it they didnt need a deposit to work on my engine.

Thanks for letting me vent,
Nick
Old 06-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Launching!

Just got a call now my main bearings are missing from the box
Old 06-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear dude but glad you found a good shop
Old 06-30-2009, 10:55 AM
9 Second Club

Old 06-30-2009, 10:59 AM
10 Second Club

give me a pm if you ever want a ls motor built,

victory racing engine is a joke, katech is over priced, an my engine builder builds alot of streetracers/drag racers motors
Old 06-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Launching!

Thanks I'll keep it in mind. I honestly do hate having to come on here and bash a business, But In my life I use the 3 strike rule. After getting jerked around like this, I would hate for anyone to have this same experience. I feel like if I gave someone this kind of treatment in my business, I would be on the news for sure
Old 06-30-2009, 12:37 PM
11 Second Club

Call Billy Briggs, tell him Jon whose gettin the 404 put together told you. He put me together a whole engie from scratch in about a weeks time. Hes in the same general area, in commerce township.

Btw, I called victory racing, they didnt seem to have a clue about anything, let alone building engines.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:21 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by pHEnomIC
Call Billy Briggs, tell him Jon whose gettin the 404 put together told you. He put me together a whole engie from scratch in about a weeks time. Hes in the same general area, in commerce township.

Btw, I called victory racing, they didnt seem to have a clue about anything, let alone building engines.
First 3 words above is all you need to know
Old 06-30-2009, 06:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock_Daddy
First 3 words above is all you need to know
DEFINITELY. He is probably one of the most straight up, know's-his-****, sticks to his words guy in the business. Thus far he has provided me the BEST experience by far with dealings in the performance world hands down.

You will not be disappointed.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:02 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dkbykesdk
give me a pm if you ever want a ls motor built,

victory racing engine is a joke, katech is over priced, an my engine builder builds alot of streetracers/drag racers motors
Have you ever had us quote anything for you? You'd be surprised. People assume we are over priced but we're actually quite competitive with other high end shops.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The problem is noone cares anymore. Whether you come in for an air filter or engine build you should be treated as top priority. Who knows, maybe the guy that bought the air filter is looking into a big build soon. A lot of shops just don't care about you unless you're either a long time customer or spend a lot of money with them. And that goes for performance shops, dealerships and private garages.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry to hear about all of that.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Katech
Have you ever had us quote anything for you? You'd be surprised. People assume we are over priced but we're actually quite competitive with other high end shops.
And nobody thinks to ask what they get for their money. Is it the block being bored .030 over for x amount or is it being bored,torque plate honed,magnafluxed,etc....

I agree w/ Katech. They are competively priced from the parts I've purchased.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Victory Racing Engines BEWARE!!!