LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Generation IV Internal Engine (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iv-internal-engine-80/)
-   -   are harlands adjustable? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iv-internal-engine/1273841-harlands-adjustable.html)

BigDB 04-27-2010 07:38 PM

are harlands adjustable?

Are harland sharp LS rockers adjustable? I had a motor built and just cranked it up so its the first time the lifters have had oil in em and I want to know if the rockers are adjustable or not to set the valve lash. Valvetrain isnt noisey but didnt know if maybe they were tight.

SOMbitch 04-27-2010 09:27 PM

They make an adjustable rocker for Gen III heads but I don't believe they do on Gen IV heads.

Lifter preload is set by pushrod length with the non adjustables most people run. Just need a $20 PR checker to measure PR length and add in required lifter preload. Let me know if you need more info on how to measure and I can help out.

Who did your motor BTW. I used to live there and am familiar with a few of the shops that way....

BigDB 04-27-2010 10:47 PM

Mayhem Motorsport did, not to pleased but its what I got. Prelode should have been checked as the valve angle was changed with my heads and a shorter pushrod was required. I just didnt know if the harlands were adjustable, never saw em b4 they went on

SOMbitch 04-28-2010 12:57 AM

If they are quiet I think you are OK. I have never had any personal experince with them but they have been at a while so I gues they should be decent...

Having said that RPM in Garner would be my first choice in the Raleigh area. Those guys have helped me out a couple times and flat out know there shit. Just stop by there shop sometimes and check out what they are doing. Always 2-3 NASTY builds going on...

BigDB 04-28-2010 06:41 AM

ya iv delt alot with RPM, at the time they didnt want to build an engine so I had Mayhem do it. RPM will be doin the dyno thou

SOMbitch 04-28-2010 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by BigDB (Post 13252292)
ya iv delt alot with RPM, at the time they didnt want to build an engine so I had Mayhem do it. RPM will be doin the dyno thou

Yeah Ryan tuned my car too. I am getting ready to port my FAST and do a bigger MAF and lid and will be back up there for a tune tweak soon if nothing else pops up..

Not sure but I always thought somebody did RPM's shortbocks and they finished them off but I could very easily be wrong.

Any way tell Jason and Ryan up there SOMbitch said "hi" and good luck with your setup:D

BigDB 04-28-2010 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by SOMbitch (Post 13254181)
Yeah Ryan tuned my car too. I am getting ready to port my FAST and do a bigger MAF and lid and will be back up there for a tune tweak soon if nothing else pops up..

Not sure but I always thought somebody did RPM's shortbocks and they finished them off but I could very easily be wrong.

Any way tell Jason and Ryan up there SOMbitch said "hi" and good luck with your setup:D

Will do man and thanks for the help