Installing Oil & Water temp Gauges-Where to put the Senders

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Oil & Water temp Gauges-Where to put the Senders

Installing Oil Temp & Water Temp Gauges. 2005 Corvette - LS2
Where can I install the senders?
I think I want mechanical gauges (so they read with the key turned off) but will use electric it's that much easier.
I'm putting these in the Fuel Rail Covers under the hood so I don't need the gauges to be lighted and the sending unit plumbing won't be too long.
THANKS
Old 12-07-2010, 08:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having a problem with my oil gauge sender being located at the rear of the engine. The installer picked this location, but I wouldn't recommend it. It is giving erradic readings with both an electric gauge and a mechanical gauge. I don't know what was originally there, but want to move it to a new location. I hope you get a response. It might give me an idea where to relocate my sender. I'm sure there are other locations to put the sender, I just don't know where. Good luck !
Tom
Old 12-07-2010, 09:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the driver side block were the oil cooler block off is right above the oil filter, Take it off and drill & tap for your sender, There guys on here thats done that.
On the water, on the passenger side rear of the head right above the exhaust manifold , there is a plug were you can put the sender.