Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Attention Sponsors - I'm in need of Pistons

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Attention Sponsors - I'm in need of Pistons

I am running out of room in my PM Box so I'll just post a thread, lol... I'm posting it here, as well as in the Wanted Classified, because I'm not sure how many sponsors check that

Anyways... I need to have pistons made for my 450 stroker and right now, I don't care with which Company I go with, since they are all top manufactures... right now, it is about the BEST PRICE!!!

I want to try and give my business to a sponsor here, but if I find a better price outside of the community, I will go with them, that is unless one of you guy can match

And I want to make it clear, I want the piston in a 2618.

This is a cut and past from the PMs I am sending out.

I need to have custom pistons made up so I've been talking to the guys at Wiseco, CP, JE & Arias. They advised me to talk to a dealer to get the best prices since they would have to sell to me at retail. They have all the info on my pistons, but I will include a spec sheet that Vic @ Wiseco emailed me, it will be the same info that all 4 Co will have.

Now the final specs are not in stone yet, I still need to get some info for them, but this will at least get me a price.

Below I is the info to get a hold of the guys I talked to. Just tell them it's the guy with the LS motor and these specs for quick referencing, lol, they know me NOW, lol.... Oh and Mike at CP gave me a reference # to his notes in the system, see the info for CP below.

Quick Specs:
Bore: 4.165
Stroke: 4.125
Rod: 6.125

=================

Wiseco - Vic - 18003211364
J&E - Gary - 7148989764
CP - Mike (Ref# 22257) - 9495679000
Arias - Mike - 3105329737

DM

Last edited by Devils Mentor; 02-20-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:36 AM
11 Second Club

Sounds like your building a beast good luck finding what your looking for!
Old 02-21-2011, 01:52 AM
Banned

Just something to get me to the store and back

DM
Old 02-21-2011, 03:51 AM
10 Second Club

The guy that use to own JE pistons sold it and started a company called Autotech pistons and racetech pistons. This is the brand i'm using in my 402ci. You can probably look them up and give them a call. My pistons cost me $600.00 for a custom set in a 4.003 flat top piston with a -3 valve relief.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by odarabla
The guy that use to own JE pistons sold it and started a company called Autotech pistons and racetech pistons. This is the brand i'm using in my 402ci. You can probably look them up and give them a call. My pistons cost me $600.00 for a custom set in a 4.003 flat top piston with a -3 valve relief.
Thanks for the info, I'll give them a call tomorrow

DM
Old 02-25-2011, 01:21 AM
Banned

WOW! All we ever hear is "buy from the sponsors" but yet when I put it out there, I get nothing, lol...

Well I'm not going to beg them to take my money... there are plenty of shops that will take it with a smile!

DM
Old 02-25-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Devils Mentor
WOW! All we ever hear is "buy from the sponsors" but yet when I put it out there, I get nothing, lol...

Well I'm not going to beg them to take my money... there are plenty of shops that will take it with a smile!

DM
I am sorry to agree with you on this, I have put a few recent info or sponsor guidance/quote threads out there with nothing but emptiness. Hope you find the info, and someone willing to work with ya....

Definitely puts a damper on my outlook when I am in the Automotive Service Industry and know the tight time constraints GM gives us up "digital world communications" time lines.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by XxXTransAmXxX
I am sorry to agree with you on this, I have put a few recent info or sponsor guidance/quote threads out there with nothing but emptiness. Hope you find the info, and someone willing to work with ya....

Definitely puts a damper on my outlook when I am in the Automotive Service Industry and know the tight time constraints GM gives us up "digital world communications" time lines.
Yeah man, no doubt! I guess they are all making money hand over fist in the great economy. You would think that since this is a hobby and not a necessity, that they would jump at the opportunity to follow through on a sale, but ehhh... I'll give my hard earned money to the one willing to work for it and treat me like a respected customer that's willing to spend in a crumbling economy! Too many "hobby" shops working in the red and many are willing to do what it takes to win your business.

Thanks man!

Oh... and I still want that damn dash

DM
Old 02-25-2011, 07:36 PM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

... there are plenty of shops that will take it with a smile!
I'm sure they'll upcharge you as well.

I think you'd be better off actually calling one of those phone numbers you have and speaking with someone, rather than posting a thread and waiting for someone to rush to your service. Just sayin'.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

The lack of response is probably an indicator that most of the sponsors don't have to jump at the opportunity to sell to someone whose primary focus is price. Who wants to spend the time with a customer who's just going to shop around a part number until they're convinced they have the lowest price? It's low margin, high maintenance business.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KCS
I'm sure they'll upcharge you as well.

I think you'd be better off actually calling one of those phone numbers you have and speaking with someone, rather than posting a thread and waiting for someone to rush to your service. Just sayin'.
Rush to my service? What... are they doing me a favor by selling to me? I'm not going to call each sponsor and go over and over and over this info. I'm sure they can read just as well as listen on the phone. I'm not going to go out of my way when it's my business they need, not the other way around. They want to be a sponsor on a forum, then they can reply to threads. If they want random calls, put an ad in the phone book.

Jesus Christ! What's wrong with consumers today! So many think the business is there to do them a favor! In this economy, especially with something as pointless as modding our cars, I expect top service and a business to fight/work for my money.

And I'm not talking out of my ***... I've owned a few of my own business in the past in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale and you want to talk about a PITA people and making them happy, but I DID! I didn't want them going next door so I did what I had to, went that extra step to win their business, and that was during a great economy! I always treated my business as if I was running near red, it kept me on my feet and a **** load of money in my pocket! I'd rater make $5 than the $20 I would have made, and steal someones business and make that customer happy, than make no money at all

DM
Old 02-25-2011, 08:14 PM
10 Second Club

Did you ever get a hold of autotech for a price for your pistons? Im telling you man top notch gear at a not so top notch price. My pistons look beautiful..
Old 02-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by anthony soprano
The lack of response is probably an indicator that most of the sponsors don't have to jump at the opportunity to sell to someone whose primary focus is price. Who wants to spend the time with a customer who's just going to shop around a part number until they're convinced they have the lowest price? It's low margin, high maintenance business.
Well glad you have money to burn! And you're damn right I am going to shop around, why the hell not!? They is not a necessities market, no one need the **** we are buying here, but hey... if they don't have to "jump" at the opportunity for business, then I'm happy to hear that they are doing well.

And selling car parts is nothing new to me, there is plenty of markup! As well as that, I helped put together an online business for my buddy selling ATV parts, and his pricing is so low, that he is not allowed to advertise because of MAP or the manufactures will site him; he beats anyone's price and still pulls over $300K a year (net) in his pocket.

Oh and where is the high maintenance? Hell... In this situation, I've done all the work for them! All they need to do is call the company (I've even listed the phone #'s) and talk to the guys I listed and get a damn quote, a lot of work in deed.

DM
Old 02-25-2011, 08:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by odarabla
Did you ever get a hold of autotech for a price for your pistons? Im telling you man top notch gear at a not so top notch price. My pistons look beautiful..
Man, I've been so inundated with homework and Midterms and finding a new house and going to physical therapy that I haven't been about to call yet, it keeps slipping my mind and when I do finally think about it, it's 10pm, lol... Like today, I actually had it written down on my laptop to call, but I had class, looked at 7 houses and was in physical therapy till 7pm... Hell, I still haven't had anything to eat today and it's 9:20... blah...

But yeah, I want to see what they say

DM
Old 02-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

I don't have money to burn but I recognize that people's time is valuable. More importantly, their expertise is a value add. I'm not going to waste a sponsor's time pricing out pistons for me and then place an order with a desk jockey at Summit or Jeg's because they saved me $20.

You can't be bothered to call one of the sponsors to get a price? They sponsors should call you with a price because it's your business that they need? You posted this five days ago and I don't see a lot of responses. I think they must be doing more business than you think. Good for them.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Banned

I don't have money to burn but I recognize that people's time is valuable. More importantly, their expertise is a value add. I'm not going to waste a sponsor's time pricing out pistons for me and then place an order with a desk jockey at Summit or Jeg's because they saved me $20.

You can't be bothered to call one of the sponsors to get a price? They sponsors should call you with a price because it's your business that they need? You posted this five days ago and I don't see a lot of responses. I think they must be doing more business than you think. Good for them.
Wow! You're an educated shopper, bet they see you coming a mile away.

And what work? I've done all the work! All they need to do is pick up the phone and talk to the guy that I spoke with and get a price. This is a buyers market, not a sellers, simple economics 1101.

I'm glad the business got you working for them, and I bet, so are they!

If they can't bother to read a thread in the FORUM they sponsor, and respond, then they don't deserve my business!

Talk about sheep consumers...

DM
Old 02-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

Wow! You're an educated shopper, bet they see you coming a mile away.

And what work? I've done all the work! All they need to do is pick up the phone and talk to the guy that I spoke with and get a price. This is a buyers market, not a sellers, simple economics 1101.

I'm glad the business got you working for them, and I bet, so are they!

If they can't bother to read a thread in the FORUM they sponsor, and respond, then they don't deserve my business!

Talk about sheep consumers...

DM
You've given four different part numbers - you expect a sponsor to call four different piston manufacturers to get pricing when you can't even identify a specific part you want? As long as it's cheap! Yeah, it's a buyer's market and yet you haven't got a single response in five days. That should tell you something.

I think you greatly overestimate the value of your business.

<edit> I take it back, you don't even have a part number. "Just tell them it's for the guy with the LS motor." hahaha.

Last edited by anthony soprano; 02-25-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Banned

You've given four different part numbers - you expect a sponsor to call four different piston manufacturers to get pricing when you can't even identify a specific part you want? As long as it's cheap! Yeah, it's a buyer's market and yet you haven't got a single response in five days. That should tell you something.

I think you greatly overestimate the value of your business.

What part #'s did I give? These are custom pistons, there are no part #'s. Did you even read the first post or is your comprehension lacking? I CLEARLY identified what part I want with a piston spec sheet that Wiseco produced for me.

And if the value of my business doesn't mean ****, then that statement hold true for everyone here, because why would I be any different than anyone else.

It is clear sir, that you know nothing about economics or business. Everything that you have stated from post one is absolutely asinine, but I've been bored so why not reply! And before you bother with a feeble rebuttal such as, I know nothing as well, I'll just state that my first Bachelors at 19 was in Business and Econ and at 25 had a condo on Miami Beach, and had the chance to buy my first Ferrari, but purchased a 740iL for my Fiance instead.

And hey... if they don't need my business that all good to, I'm truly glad that they are doing well in the shitty economy.

DM
Old 02-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Staging Lane

What part #'s did I give? These are custom pistons, there are no part #'s. Did you even read the first post or is your comprehension lacking? I CLEARLY identified what part I want with a piston spec sheet that Wiseco produced for me.

And if the value of my business doesn't mean ****, then that statement hold true for everyone here, because why would I be any different than anyone else.

It is clear sir, that you know nothing about economics or business. Everything that you have stated from post one is absolutely asinine, but I've been bored so why not reply! And before you bother with a feeble rebuttal such as, I know nothing as well, I'll just state that my first Bachelors at 19 was in Business and Econ and at 25 had a condo on Miami Beach, and had the chance to buy my first Ferrari, but purchased a 740iL for my Fiance instead.

And hey... if they don't need my business that all good to, I'm truly glad that they are doing well in the shitty economy.

DM
Simmer down - I edited my post five minutes before you even responded and noted that you didn't provide a part number. And for someone so obviously educated in the ways of business and economics, how is it that you don't have a single response from a sponsor in five days? Not a peep from anyone, even in this shitty, crumbling economy. Why is that, Mr. Econ?

I'll tell you why - because the sponsor's time is better spent with customers who value the sponsor's time as much their own. You post up a build sheet and expect a sponsor to call four different piston manufacturers to get prices when ultimately you're going to select whoever is cheapest, whether they're a sponsor or not. Holy ****, I can't believe you're not being swamped with quotes.

p.s. I recommend that you contact whatever institution of higher education that conferred your business degree and ask for a refund. You can put the money towards your pistons.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:54 PM
Banned

Simmer down - I edited my post five minutes before you even responded and noted that you didn't provide a part number. And for someone so obviously educated in the ways of business and economics, how is it that you don't have a single response from a sponsor in five days? Not a peep from anyone, even in this shitty, crumbling economy. Why is that, Mr. Econ?

I'll tell you why - because the sponsor's time is better spent with customers who value the sponsor's time as much their own. You post up a build sheet and expect a sponsor to call four different piston manufacturers to get prices when ultimately you're going to select whoever is cheapest, whether they're a sponsor or not. Holy ****, I can't believe you're not being swamped with quotes.

p.s. I recommend that you contact whatever institution of higher education that conferred your business degree and ask for a refund. You can put the money towards your pistons.
Hmmm... Well I wonder what the hell would the the difference between me calling a sponsor and wasting his time in conversation and me posting all the necessary info so that he can easily save to file a copy of the spec sheet and phone numbers that I provided.

If I go by your logic, this IS the best method of correspondence, it's quicker, reaches more people in less time, all the info is at hand, and.... I'll reiterate... I'VE DONE ALL THE WORK FOR THEM ALL READY!

The business works for me, not the other way around... well in your case I guess you do, but in the real world, the consumer is the customer, not the business.

Please move on... you're logic is all about fail... yes, most of the sponsors (because I did get a few replies from those that respect me as a customer and would appreciate my business) here obviously don't care, but ehhh... I will not ask twice.

I guess we should also remove the wanted section since requesting for parts, in written word, on a FORUM, is so unprofessional as a buyer

DM