Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

68 f100 ly6 swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 68 f100 ly6 swap

Hey guys, new to the forum and looking for any assistance or tips that may assist in my swap. I ordered a 08 LY6 last week and it will be swapped into my 68F100 offroad truck. I should be receiving it this next week. I want to get all pieces into place to get the engine and operating system pieces in place. Not worried about exhaust at this time.

the truck is a built offroad prerunner that eventually will be raced, however for now i am building it for weekend cruising / offorad fun. I would like to cam the engine prior to install howver i am not sure if i am keeping VVT or not. ( i dont want this to be a thread about opinions of why you think i should keep VVT or not, Just plainly looking for assistance). I have located Pillagenburn's thread and 3 pedal's thread and found them very helpful. The truck currently has no engine-trans, it does have a 35 gal Jaz Fuel cell but no other fuel provisions.

The engine I purchased did not come with computer or wiring harness. I am planning to run a TH400 transmission. I would like to know all of my options for engine management. (I will be staying with EFI and likely will stay with the truck intake for now)

Looking forward to starting down this road, from what I have read this set up will be well worth the effort.

Here is a few links to my truck before i bought it a few months ago and pre
LY6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-pn6THULtw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...A&feature=fvwp
Old 04-26-2012, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Here is a good place to start for a harness that still can run the vvt and you can run a turbo 400. http://secure.ultracart.com/catalog/.../HAR-1039.html
Old 04-26-2012, 09:05 PM

Nice, thank you. I hadn't seen that company. I did locate Howell EFI. Between these two companies is anyone liking or hating their purchase ? Both seem fair priced and established in the game. Also i read yesterday one guy was running a MAF delete and had a Speed Density tune instead. I'm sure Howell or PSI would have a preference on the matter. Do you guys ?

Lately I have been reading how a lot of guys are like their smaller aftermarket cam choices (prob with stock L92 heads) due to strong mid range pull. I am strongly considering cam and springs and small mill job prior to final install. Any feed back ?

I would like to have a solid 10:1 - 10.5:1 planning to run 93 octane. just not sure on amount to mill the head. Doubt i'll have any piston to valve clearance issues since im not leaning toward an aggressive cam at this time.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 68F1400
Nice, thank you. I hadn't seen that company. I did locate Howell EFI. Between these two companies is anyone liking or hating their purchase ? Both seem fair priced and established in the game. Also i read yesterday one guy was running a MAF delete and had a Speed Density tune instead. I'm sure Howell or PSI would have a preference on the matter. Do you guys ?

Lately I have been reading how a lot of guys are like their smaller aftermarket cam choices (prob with stock L92 heads) due to strong mid range pull. I am strongly considering cam and springs and small mill job prior to final install. Any feed back ?

I would like to have a solid 10:1 - 10.5:1 planning to run 93 octane. just not sure on amount to mill the head. Doubt i'll have any piston to valve clearance issues since im not leaning toward an aggressive cam at this time.
call us or email us, we can set you in the right direction, we have alot of experience here

Quick Reply: 68 f100 ly6 swap