Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Mast VVT HO or Comp XFI™, 267PHR14

Old 06-09-2012, 09:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SShep71
I have a LY6 with a LS3 intake the VVT is intact and I will be running a 72mm turbonetics turbo. What cam is the better choice, the MAST VVT HO cam or the Comp XFI 267PHR14? I have read about both but I was hoping someone out there would have some real world info.
After reading a couple of books about turbo charging, I would consider running the stock cam first. I might upgrade the valve springs. The world of vvt and boost(in gm vvt gen iv v8) is relatively unknown, and pioneering it could prove to be costly. The phaser will be working very hard with boost and high spring pressures. You can't compromise the springs.

My recommendation is, try the stock cam and if it meets your goals leave it alone. Then, if you want more power, upgrade to a 78mm turbo and upgrade the fuel system. You could consider a factory LS9 cam. I think putting the money into a good turbo system with proper wastegate placement and a good wastegate, and contolling IATs along with tuning, will pay far greater dividends than a cam swap with a cam not designed for boost.

Last edited by futureuser; 06-11-2012 at 12:21 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mast VVT HO or Comp XFI™, 267PHR14