Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Scat I-beam rods and stock LS2 pistons?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 08:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Scat I-beam rods and stock LS2 pistons?

I recently had my block ruined on my 05 GTO after a pressure plate exploded and took out the trans ripping away part of my block where it bolts to the bellhousing. So I am kind of on a budget with all that I am replacing. I am purchasing a new GM standard bore LS2 block and am looking at upgrading rods. I am making around 450 rwhp and don’t plan on adding too much more. Rather than paying the cost to have the stock rods resized and buying ARP hardware, I would like to purchase the SCAT 6.125” I-beams (26125716) that come with larger ARP bolts to begin with. (either way the engine will have to be balanced so no downside there) They seem to be the only aftermarket rod that has the correct .944 pin diameter for stock pistons. My only issue is that I have seen them called 9.1” and 9.125” at different stores and after searching I still have no definitive answer. Will these be shorter than stock, thus hurt my quench and compression with stock pistons or does the piston pin diameter offset the difference if there is one?? Sorry if this has been asked and answered before thanks.

Quick Reply: Scat I-beam rods and stock LS2 pistons?