Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

rebuild ls3 6.2l whats the best to use ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 03:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rebuild ls3 6.2l whats the best to use ???

Hey there im about to start rebuilding my mates ls3 for him and im hoping you guys can help me with finding the best parts for this?
It needs:
new pistons/rings
heads
valves, springs, etc etc... (complete head setup preferably)
pushrods
and most likely change the cam. (its a very large lopey cam but not sure of ratios)
also he wants a lsx fast manifold aswell,
What would be the best setup/setups you could recommend? part numbers and such would be a fantastic help, thanks
Old 07-21-2012, 04:29 AM
Teching In

People can give their advice all day but I'd rather take it from a respected sponser over here---------->>>>
Old 07-21-2012, 08:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EVIL 6.0
People can give their advice all day but I'd rather take it from a respected sponser over here---------->>>>
Yep.

It would also help if your friend sets some goals as to what he wants the engine to do.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SSthunder49
Hey there im about to start rebuilding my mates ls3 for him and im hoping you guys can help me with finding the best parts for this?
It needs:
new pistons/rings
heads
valves, springs, etc etc... (complete head setup preferably)
pushrods
and most likely change the cam. (its a very large lopey cam but not sure of ratios)
also he wants a lsx fast manifold aswell,
What would be the best setup/setups you could recommend? part numbers and such would be a fantastic help, thanks
Pistons= Diamonds 4.065 bore x 3.622 stroke part# 11543. You might want to get a set of rods too because those pistons are for a 6.125 rod and stock is 6.098. That piston is for a .927 pin also. Stock pin is .945

Heads= Port the stock LS3's and change the springs to PRC .650 double springs, keep the valves. Should be able to use stock length aftermarket pushrods. Always measure though.

Cam would be dependent on alot of factors. Does he care about driveability? What is the intended usage? Look at different vendors rect port cams EPS, TSP, Livernois Motorsports are to name a few.

You might not need a FAST intake if you are staying stock cubes. I would get the stocker ported by a reputable place.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Vengeance Racing took care of me I would hit them up and talk to Ron or Kevin they will set you up for success.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:42 AM

he wants a very aggresive lumpy cam, doesnt phase him to much about driveabilty he just wants alot of power pretty much lol... so good lumpy note with hes hoping around 500 horses atrw but also cost is limited...

Quick Reply: rebuild ls3 6.2l whats the best to use ???