Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Best Spark Plug for Cam Only LS3

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 06:41 PM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Natureally you can get a little more aggressive with tuneups with colder plugs as well because you don't have to worry as much about creating glow plugs with the colder heat range. Seeing it on the dyno with timing and plug types is my base for using at least a heat range 6 in any LS engine in the 10+ compression ratio that gets regular abuse. Funny thing is my car has ran fastest passes NA at the track with my nitrous plugs.... non projected 8 NGK gasket seat plugs 4554.

In the end do what ya want. Just my .02
Old 12-14-2012, 07:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LSxPwrDZ
Natureally you can get a little more aggressive with tuneups with colder plugs as well because you don't have to worry as much about creating glow plugs with the colder heat range. Seeing it on the dyno with timing and plug types is my base for using at least a heat range 6 in any LS engine in the 10+ compression ratio that gets regular abuse. Funny thing is my car has ran fastest passes NA at the track with my nitrous plugs.... non projected 8 NGK gasket seat plugs 4554.

In the end do what ya want. Just my .02
I agree. The car is tuned to 28* of timing but for some reason Im seeing 31.5* which is a lot for a LS3. So I gotta look into that. Another reason why its making good power but prefers the colder Autolites. Still gotta get that timing down to 28*.

Quick Reply: Best Spark Plug for Cam Only LS3