Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

2010 DOD and VVT delete parts list

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 DOD and VVT delete parts list

I'm gathering up all the parts that I need for my cam swap on my l99.i have the list of parts that I have and want to know if I'm missing anything before i tear it apart... I only bought parts separate cause I had some already.heres what I have

Ls3 valley cover
Ls3 timing cover
Cam sensor harness
Ls7 cam sprocket
Ls2 timing dampener
Ls7 lifters
Head gaskets
Head bolts

If I'm missing something I would appreciate the info .thanks
Old 01-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

Lingenfelter shows all the parts on their website
Old 01-28-2013, 05:50 PM
Launching!

I reused my original timing cover, I was told that the sensor boss was spaced different but when I got the two side by side it was the same. Some people are replacing the oil pump with a non dod one (I did), and if using the stock pan some are removing the check valve in the pan and plugging it.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboMonte100
I reused my original timing cover, I was told that the sensor boss was spaced different but when I got the two side by side it was the same. Some people are replacing the oil pump with a non dod one (I did), and if using the stock pan some are removing the check valve in the pan and plugging it.
Do you know what the purpose of removing the check valve in the oil pan? Also, here's a thread with a great list including part numbers:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167640
Old 04-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Launching!

I believe that the check valve keeps the oil pressure from getting too high when the system does not require the extra volume. When the dod system drops the cylinders, it does this by basically bleeding off oil pressure to the dod lifters and not having them open the valves. This is the reason for the large volume pump, so when the system is running normally it needs to lose some volume and or pressure.

In all acuallity when the system is converted, there may not be a need to block the check valve, it will simply limit the total amount of pressure that the oil system will make. I have read that the valve is set some where around 70 psi which is plenty for most any application.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboMonte100
I believe that the check valve keeps the oil pressure from getting too high when the system does not require the extra volume. When the dod system drops the cylinders, it does this by basically bleeding off oil pressure to the dod lifters and not having them open the valves. This is the reason for the large volume pump, so when the system is running normally it needs to lose some volume and or pressure.

In all acuallity when the system is converted, there may not be a need to block the check valve, it will simply limit the total amount of pressure that the oil system will make. I have read that the valve is set some where around 70 psi which is plenty for most any application.
Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to leave it alone, unless I can find a good reason to remove it.

Quick Reply: 2010 DOD and VVT delete parts list