Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

6.0 Turbo Rod and piston options...

Old 11-01-2013, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 Turbo Rod and piston options...

Currently I have a LQ9 with L92 heads making 448rwhp on motor. just got it running a few months ago and havent made any track trips with it yet but since selling my turbo notch to build this car its already giving me the itch to put twins on this one....

I plan on running twin 76's on flipped truck manfolds, twin JGS WG's and BOv's with a Treadstone FMIC and probably have an Alky Control Meth kit for safety. Plan on putting 800 to the wheels, I know it clearly can make more but this is a Street Car that will be driven and raced on 93 Pump Gas. I figure I'll start gathering part over the winter before I pull the motor and do anything. Hell it might not get started till summer. All depends on cash flow by then LOL.

Starting with the motor I am trying to figure out what Rods and Pistons I should be looking at. Not trying to break the bank but also no junk. Thinking Weisco's seem to be the popular, reliable piston. But What H-Beam Rods? No I-beams...

heads are stock L92's so I am looking for a piston that will net me low 9's compression with that 69CC chamber.

What do you think I need here?

I also have those cheap Pro-Comp Head studs in the motor since they were better than stock TTY bolts. Do they make a Main Stud kit too? Anyone try them?

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6.0 Turbo Rod and piston options...