Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

intake concerns

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intake concerns

hey guys i have a 06 ls2 gto 6sp with a vararam otrcai. i am planning on installing long tube headers and catless mids, and i am looking to install a ported ls2 intake (which im told is similiar to putting a ls6 intake onto a ls1) and i am going to be getting a diablo intune tune that comes with a diablew custom tune (ik everyones gonna say get a real tune but theres nobody near me whom is a reputable tuner) and i have talked to diablew and i will be installing a 93 octane tune while i data log the car so that i can send it to diablew to tune it. what im concerned about is will adding the ported intake with headers cause any damage to the motor with out having a full custom tune. i had a friend who had one tell me i would definatly need a tune right away and im just not wanting to hurt my car by putting the intake on with out it being tuned for it.

-sorry if this is confusing i wasnt sure how to organize the question just typed as i went.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

You will be fine driving with just a ported intake and headers before the Diablew tune.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:21 PM
Teching In

alright cool!

Quick Reply: intake concerns