Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS2 with L92/LS3 heads cam limits/pushrod length

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 with L92/LS3 heads cam limits/pushrod length

So I understand moving to a LS3 style head I loose some room in the cam department.

I have however heard it isnt a whole lot and any LS3 cam will work fine in a ls2 with LS3 heads.

I also understand in stock displacement you have shrouding and while you loose some performance the overall flow for price you win out.

I am going to be putting a LSA blower on a LS2 and am looking for a cam. The problem is while I need offset rockers I cant seem to figure out what pushrod length. This boils down to cam choice and getting some straight talk out of alot of cam makers or replies in general is hard.

I messaged texas speed about their ls3 B or blower cam as I like the 1 video lol, on youtubes sound and the numbers they make are right around what I want on the stock bottom ls2 with a stock lsa blower. No reply on pushrod length.

So I guess any info on what if any LS2 running a LS3 top with a LSA blower cam choice was made, and the pushrod length that was used. I suppose if there is a way to calculate the length I need with the amount of lift that would help.

Lastly I have read with that top on a LS2 duration past 230 is bad, yet I see people well above that and well below that making around the same power. So any real data on how the duration affects the performance would be great too.

Quick Reply: LS2 with L92/LS3 heads cam limits/pushrod length