Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LY6 6.0 Build up for 3rd gen Fbird

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LY6 6.0 Build up for 3rd gen Fbird

Hi guys I'm new to this forum and this will be the first engine swap/build I have done. I just picked up a brand new 6.0 (ly6) FOR FREE! Got a crazy deal I know but the catch is that it had tipped over and slightly cracked the head. Other than that it is brand new, never set in a vehicle before. The motor was about to be trashed by a chevy dealership. Anyways, I bought a v6 firebird last summer for 700$ with a straight body and interior, I did all of the minor bodywork at the shop I work at and just got it into primer. Should be painted and back in the garage in about a week. I'm going to be buying the factory L96 head to replace the one that broke here soon. The thing I need help with is choosing a cam that will alow me to drive it hard at the local drag strip, but still can race around town with it. I don't plan on daily driving it just want it to do decent if there happens to be slow moving traffic traffic. Also the motor will be hooked to a t56 super magnum. The car will weigh roughly 3500 with me in it, that would be my guess. Also what would be a good intake, injectors, fuel pump, and throttle body for it? I was thinking ls3 intake and injectors ls2 throttle body but I'm not an expert here. Have photos but don't know exactly how to post them yet help is very much appreciated!
Old 01-27-2015, 06:30 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call Tick Performance or Brian Tooley Racing.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lil john
Call Tick Performance or Brian Tooley Racing.
Hey thanks I'll give them a try

Quick Reply: LY6 6.0 Build up for 3rd gen Fbird