Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

callies DragonSlayer crank is there a plug where the roller bearing is for clutch

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default callies DragonSlayer crank is there a plug where the roller bearing is for clutch

Callies DragonSlayer crank is there a plug behind where the roller bearing is for clutch.

Or is the crank solid behind the roller bearing pressed into the back of the crank ?
Old 04-17-2015, 02:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

As far as I know, they all have welch plugs. Don't hit it or knock it around because it will leak. Only use a blind hole puller to remove the pilot bearing.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jontall
As far as I know, they all have welch plugs. Don't hit it or knock it around because it will leak. Only use a blind hole puller to remove the pilot bearing.
I knocked that plug out before trying to hydraulic the pilot bearing out. Straightened the plug out, put some rtv around the edges and drove it back to the correct depth. 5k, no leaks so far. It is only holding back crankcase pressure and is above the oil line, as long as you drive the plug in square and to a proper depth you'll be fine.

Quick Reply: callies DragonSlayer crank is there a plug where the roller bearing is for clutch