If you haven't tought much about the oil galley Barbell check this out! - Page 3 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Go Back  LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > Generation IV Internal Engine
Reload this Page >

If you haven't tought much about the oil galley Barbell check this out!

Notices
Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

If you haven't tought much about the oil galley Barbell check this out!

Old 10-29-2017, 11:02 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Yes we did test the expansion just to make sure, like how you though that it might expand and seal. If it did we probably wouldn't have made our billet barbell.

As for your O-ring idea, it probably could be made to work, but it would be more expensive, not as reliable and really wouldn't be an improvement worth the cost. Its a good idea though if a O-ring was necessary.
Our barbell is a precision fit and very little oil can get by, and the tiny bit of oil/particles that did get by would be smaller than what the oil filter can catch anyway. Believe me there is more than meets the eye with our Billet Barbell. There was a lot of test on the stock barbell to see what it does and doesn't do and a lot of different prototype versions made before we got what we feel it the best functioning Barbell. Although keeping unfiltered oil out was the main objective we also improved oil flow with the smaller shaft.

Thanks again for you idea and input.
Christian

If you like our products, tell others! If not, tell us!
Old 10-30-2017, 09:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by saccitycorvette View Post
Yes we did test the expansion just to make sure, like how you though that it might expand and seal. If it did we probably wouldn't have made our billet barbell.

As for your O-ring idea, it probably could be made to work, but it would be more expensive, not as reliable and really wouldn't be an improvement worth the cost. Its a good idea though if a O-ring was necessary.
Our barbell is a precision fit and very little oil can get by, and the tiny bit of oil/particles that did get by would be smaller than what the oil filter can catch anyway. Believe me there is more than meets the eye with our Billet Barbell. There was a lot of test on the stock barbell to see what it does and doesn't do and a lot of different prototype versions made before we got what we feel it the best functioning Barbell. Although keeping unfiltered oil out was the main objective we also improved oil flow with the smaller shaft.

Thanks again for you idea and input.
Christian
Sounds good. I ordered the barbell and will be installing in my envoy Denali when I do the rear main seal. Nice quality piece along with the rear main seal tool I ordered about two weeks ago. I ordered the front cover tool a couple years ago that doesn't have the oring. I see the new design does
Old 11-14-2017, 02:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by warriorpluto View Post
Sounds good. I ordered the barbell and will be installing in my envoy Denali when I do the rear main seal. Nice quality piece along with the rear main seal tool I ordered about two weeks ago. I ordered the front cover tool a couple years ago that doesn't have the oring. I see the new design does
Hi warriorpluto,
We appreciate your business and the good word!
We put the O rings to compensate for expansion/contraction of the engines and tools do to temperature changes.
I also have a Envoy Denali with the 5.3L. Nice ride!

Thank you,
Christian

Old 01-20-2018, 10:53 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

We have the the Billet oil system improvement parts in stock when you need them.
http://www.saccitycorvette.com/Billet-BarBell.html

Old 01-20-2018, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

why are there like 6 of the same thread right now?
Old 04-04-2018, 08:58 AM
Teching In

Ordered the Saccitycorvette Barbell and I can not get it to go in more than an inch. I would guess there may be a few burrs in the port. How should I correct this problem? Stock plastic barbell goes in with no problem.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Flynman View Post
Ordered the Saccitycorvette Barbell and I can not get it to go in more than an inch. I would guess there may be a few burrs in the port. How should I correct this problem? Stock plastic barbell goes in with no problem.
Hi Flynman,
Sorry your Billet Barbell is to tight. Here is why it is tight and instruction on how to fix it.
SacCityCorvette’s Barbell Installation: Because the Barbell is such a precise fit, we test fit every Barbell in a jig that is exactly the size of the oil port in the engine. It is very rare, but there is the possibility that your new Barbell may be too tight upon test fitting. We believe that during manufacturing with some engines the drill bit drilling the oil port was worn and ready to be changed out. Maybe that is another reason GM makes the factory Barbell so loose. Because it is so rare to have this issue, we will not make our Barbell smaller to accommodate the issue of a very few and defeat the purpose of our Barbells goal of keeping unfiltered oil out of your bearings. That being said, if you encounter a Barbell that is too tight upon installation, we recommend cutting the head off of a 1/4-20 bolt and putting it in a drill and screw the Barbell on to it, then running the drill use it to lightly sand the Barbell with fine sand paper until it fits properly. Only sand the end without the O-ring! Only a very small amount of sanding should be necessary. Lube O-Ring before installing! If for some reason you dont want to slightly sand it, You can send it to us and we will take .005" off for you. It is best if you sand it for a perfect fit.
Please contact SacCityCorvette if you have any question. [email protected] or (916) 968-4451

Thank you
Christian

Old 04-05-2018, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Christian, I ran a 600 grit 5/8 in. flex hone with cutting oil on it into the port and just turned it by hand for 3 or 4 revolutions and cleaned it out with a rag. Then I did as you said, took the Barbell down from 15.99 MM (digital caliper reading) to 15.95 still a tight..then took it down to 15.93 with 400 grit sandpaper. Cleaned the barbell, put some light oil in the port and it slid right in with just light pressure!!! Thanks for the advice!! SaccityCorvette has great customer service!!

Thanks,
Keith R
Old 04-05-2018, 07:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

.06mm = ~ .0025"

That's tighter than frog p**** if that was all it took. When I put mine in it didn't quite just go right in but it wasn't too far from it, didn't take any real effort.

Last edited by RB04Av; 04-06-2018 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:02 PM
Teching In

This may be a must for me. After fresh rebuilds all the metal faces that wear under initial breakin. Wouldn’t hurt to keep all I can out of the valvetrain. I am buying one!!
Old 11-19-2018, 04:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

If you have your Rear Main Seal Cover off, you have easy a access to your barbell. This is a inexpensive worthwhile product that keeps unfiltered oil out of your bearing and lifters.
LS and LT1 lifters have tiny needle bearing in the rollers, small particles getting in these bearing greatly reduces there life especially with cam swaps that use heavier valve spring pressures that apply more pressure to these bearings.
Top engine builders like Texas Speed and WS6 Store use our barbells in there engine builds.

Thank you
Christian

Last edited by saccitycorvette; 11-19-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:56 PM
Teching In

just found out about this barbell design and luckily i havent started putting my motor back together yet

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: If you haven't tought much about the oil galley Barbell check this out!

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: