Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

ERL is closing and Moving ON!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 04:34 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You were saying?

Not real sure what you issue is nor do I care. Steve @RED explained to me his Process and ERL did theres at my time of purchase. If they've changed since then, great
Old 04-29-2017, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Millenium Z06
You were saying?

Not real sure what you issue is nor do I care. Steve @RED explained to me his Process and ERL did theres at my time of purchase. If they've changed since then, great
You're an Idiot,
You say one thing in one post, and then act like that is not what you say in
another. If you are going to post something, post accurate info, not just something you assume is correct.

You post a link to read about the super deck 6, and act like that proves a point.

So where is the 5th bolt hole? and how do you access it? Come up with that answer.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:12 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a single post of mine referenced a 5th bolt. I spoke to the 6 bolt hole and 6 bolt heads on the outboard side of the block.
As for who's an idiot, only the superdeck was available with the 6th bolt option so it stands to reason thats what Id post. As for the lifter windows that you say aren't, what does ERL call them...
Come up with that answer idiot?

Last edited by Millenium Z06; 04-29-2017 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Millenium Z06
Not a single post of mine referenced a 5th bolt. I spoke to the 6 bolt hole and 6 bolt heads on the outboard side of the block.
As for who's an idiot, only the superdeck was available with the 6th bolt option so it stands to reason thats what Id post. As for the lifter windows that you say aren't, what does ERL call them...
Come up with that answer idiot?
Show me anywhere I said they weren't lifter windows, my point was and has been they also access the 5th bolt hole.

You are the one to correct me saying that they are lifter access, like i am incorrect about the 5th bolt hole access.

Again, where is the 5th bolt hole and how do you access it.

I have lost interest in this thread, trying to discuss a particular subject with someone with no logic and reasoning doesn't do it for me.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone else do the 6 bolt conversions?
Old 09-20-2017, 01:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess i must be the rare case where i can honestly say good riddance had one engine built by ERL. A 434ci dry sleeve for a G8. Engine was fully assembled by erl not just a short block was put in the car and the valvetrain was so noisy they shut it down it would also idle smoothly at 550rpm with a 237/247 cam. Long story short the pushrods they put in it were WAY and i mean WAY short over 125 thou. They did replace them on the dyno. Then after it was tuned we found out the thing really didnt carry good oil pressure when it was hot. The clearances in it werent good for what they knew the engine was going to be used for. A street performance build. Anyway they never made it right i got basically the run around. Oh also took them about 4 months longer than i was told to get the engine. It never laid down the power it should have either. Ended up taking it back out tearing it down and redoing it. Picked up oil pressure as well as about 75hp.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rennocneb
Guess i must be the rare case where i can honestly say good riddance had one engine built by ERL. A 434ci dry sleeve for a G8. Engine was fully assembled by erl not just a short block was put in the car and the valvetrain was so noisy they shut it down it would also idle smoothly at 550rpm with a 237/247 cam. Long story short the pushrods they put in it were WAY and i mean WAY short over 125 thou. They did replace them on the dyno. Then after it was tuned we found out the thing really didnt carry good oil pressure when it was hot. The clearances in it werent good for what they knew the engine was going to be used for. A street performance build. Anyway they never made it right i got basically the run around. Oh also took them about 4 months longer than i was told to get the engine. It never laid down the power it should have either. Ended up taking it back out tearing it down and redoing it. Picked up oil pressure as well as about 75hp.

What timeframe are you talking about here? When did this occur?
Old 09-20-2017, 04:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There's a guy on here who had issues with his 454 erl built engine as well.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:17 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Dang I did not know ERL packed er up. I still rock their sticker on my shop door. Their crew put together some of the baddest LS engines ever built. Some of the fastest cars I ever saw ran their blocks.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 991 Posts

This thread just adds to my stress level seeing all these issues mentioned related to ERL. I didn't find stuff like this several months ago.

I dropped my 99TA off today at Norris Motorsports.
ERL's last NA LSA 416 short block will be my TA's new engine.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
This thread just adds to my stress level seeing all these issues mentioned related to ERL. I didn't find stuff like this several months ago.

I dropped my 99TA off today at Norris Motorsports.
ERL's last NA LSA 416 short block will be my TA's new engine.
I think most of the problems were with them assembling the short blocks. The blocks are top notch from what I've ever heard.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:48 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by blk00ss
I think most of the problems were with them assembling the short blocks. The blocks are top notch from what I've ever heard.
x2 A lot of seriously fast cars on them blocks. If anyone bought one and is worried? Treat it like a GM crate engine. All your parts shipped pre bolted for you to go over and 'blueprint' yourself. Its not hard to check all specs if your worried.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

^^^^^^^^I like this idea. You have all the parts. Go over with fine-tooth comb...
Old 09-25-2017, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cam
x2 A lot of seriously fast cars on them blocks. If anyone bought one and is worried? Treat it like a GM crate engine. All your parts shipped pre bolted for you to go over and 'blueprint' yourself. Its not hard to check all specs if your worried.
Yup. I know the Ohio Boys went over 200mph with them.

Quick Reply: ERL is closing and Moving ON!