Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LSA/LS9 Piston Oil Squirter Installation

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LSA/LS9 Piston Oil Squirter Installation

I have a new LSA block that I'm building a forged setup with. Does anyone know of a formal procedure for installing the squirters into the block or done it in the past?

I assume there isn't much to it but I also don't know what torque should technically be used or if one is specified for them? I was also thinking it would be a good idea to use some thread locker. I have a new block and finally the machining work was completed so I'll be starting with the assembly of the forged short block and the oil/piston squirters are not yet installed.

Position them, crank em down solid with some thread locker on? Sounds reasonable or am I missing something. Should be a very similar setup, if not identical, to the LS9's as well.

Thanks
Ken
Old 07-23-2017, 07:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Gallery Pistons

Hi Ken, I could make you some Gallery Pistons ?

Yes, I USE Loctite with SAFE torque.

I install the crankshaft with USED bearings, ROD and Piston, then check for Skirt Clearance.
This is for "setup" ONLY.

Lance
Old 07-23-2017, 10:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera EFI
Hi Ken, I could make you some Gallery Pistons ?

Yes, I USE Loctite with SAFE torque.

I install the crankshaft with USED bearings, ROD and Piston, then check for Skirt Clearance.
This is for "setup" ONLY.

Lance
Hi Lance,

Thank you for the reply. I had already purchased some LSA/LS9 Street/Strip forged pistons that are meant to clear the squirters w/o notching the skirts. Of course I'll have to check everything out though.

Do you know if there is a torque spec for the Squirters? These look like it might not be critical but I know some others, on other motors are quite critical as they have crush sleeves for sealing etc. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious here before I put them in and do something stupid!

EDIT: By the way, what do you mean by SAFE torque?

Thanks
Ken

Quick Reply: LSA/LS9 Piston Oil Squirter Installation