Well here goes nothing (cover install) - Page 5 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Well here goes nothing (cover install)

Old 02-09-2019, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

whats odd is the factory chain almost looks like the outer pieces are thicker than the installed one.

paperwork says 9-3158A

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/CLO-9-3158A/

Last edited by Floorman279; 02-09-2019 at 09:03 PM. Reason: ......
Old 02-17-2019, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

i know this is goona be a dumb question but i believe my 2000 camaro had a 2bar map correct? i need a new map because i let that go with my fast intake, and was wondering if there is a different 2 bar map i should use? i ask because my map will now be on the front of the intake and not the rear anymore since i will be running an ls7 intake for now. is there one that reads better from the front? i seen cobalt 2 bar maps recommended here before 12615136

i haven't bought the extension harness yet so any map connector really is fine

Last edited by Floorman279; 02-17-2019 at 02:44 PM. Reason: .....
Old 02-18-2019, 06:06 AM
10 Second Club

I would suggest one that reads manifold pressure.

Pretty much any 2-bar map will work fine
Old 03-07-2019, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

so i need to install the rear cover on this thing, and was wondering what the best way to do it is with it on the engine stand? i figured i could maybe just lift it with the hoist and hold it on there for a little while i do it but then i also know its goona want to move around.......can i just wait until i sit it down on the k member and cart to deal with it then? if i do it that way what order would you do the covers? i feel like usually you would do the pan last.... i have the saccity tools to help out
Old 03-07-2019, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Floorman279 View Post
so i need to install the rear cover on this thing, and was wondering what the best way to do it is with it on the engine stand? i figured i could maybe just lift it with the hoist and hold it on there for a little while i do it but then i also know its goona want to move around.......can i just wait until i sit it down on the k member and cart to deal with it then? if i do it that way what order would you do the covers? i feel like usually you would do the pan last.... i have the saccity tools to help out
Hi Floorman,

When assembling my engine, the engine was removed from the engine stand, and was held up via hoist/chain.

If you have access to anything sturdy that can hold some of the weight of the engine (like a wooden box) lower /heighten the hoist to where the wooden box/sturdy object has *some* of the weight on it, then you can torque down the rear main without it moving around on you too much. The rear main doesn't need insane torque, this technique is what I used to get it on.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:28 PM
TECH Addict

Ok that's sorta the idea I was thinkinhv but id like to do the pan last so I might just have to throw it back on the stand after. All of this for the dumb saccity barbell
Old 03-07-2019, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Floorman279 View Post
Ok that's sorta the idea I was thinkinhv but id like to do the pan last so I might just have to throw it back on the stand after. All of this for the dumb saccity barbell
Yes, after the rear main seal, we threw it back on the stand for the pan. Just how it is.

Search this Thread

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: