LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Generation IV Internal Engine (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iv-internal-engine-80/)
-   -   Engine tech inc Rockers (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iv-internal-engine/1911917-engine-tech-inc-rockers.html)

Lsandlteditor 12-16-2018 12:06 PM

Engine tech inc Rockers

Hey guys, has anyone had any luck with the engine tech factory replacement ls3 rockers? They are being sold with what looks like a comp cam trunion upgrade. I am just worried that if I buy this first my cast iron 6.2, that they will break on me. My cam I'm using has 629 max lift. Anyone know if these are made in China? If so, factory replacements are due...

thanks guys, any feedback would be appreciated greatly

G Atsma 12-16-2018 02:32 PM

What's wrong with your rocker arms? Also, if the Comp trunnion upgrade is the needle bearing type, you do not want it. The trunnions are too soft, and the needle bearing eat into the trunnion. within 5k miles

Lsandlteditor 12-16-2018 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by G Atsma (Post 20016819)
What's wrong with your rocker arms? Also, if the Comp trunnion upgrade is the needle bearing type, you do not want it. The trunnions are too soft, and the needle bearing eat into the trunnion. within 5k miles

I'm upgrading from my 5.3l gen iv engine to a cast iron 6.2 I've built, I never had offset rockers. Good info on the trunion upgrade. Appreciate that.

G Atsma 12-16-2018 02:54 PM

Which heads are you using? The only offset ones are the intakes, and the part shown does not differentiate which rocker it is. Personally I would be suspicious. The valvetrain is where you do NOT want to cut corners.

Lsandlteditor 12-16-2018 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by G Atsma (Post 20016830)
Which heads are you using? The only offset ones are the intakes, and the part shown does not differentiate which rocker it is. Personally I would be suspicious. The valvetrain is where you do NOT want to cut corners.

I'm using ls3 heads, i know they are offset on the intake side however I'm selling my 5.3 complete therefore I dont want to use 8 of the exhaust rockers. They sell these rockers in a kit, I was just showing you an example pic of 1 they sell. I just dont want them to be like Michigan motorsports rockers from Chins. Was asking if anyone had any experience with engine tech inc rockers, that's all. Thanks for your help

brandon6.0 12-16-2018 06:10 PM

I have a set of factory ls3 rockers with stands. I can order and install a better trunion setup if interested.

I also have some comp 1.8 ls3 roller rockers i need to get rid of. All my stuff is cathedral setup. I have no need for the ls3 stuff.

If interested PM me.

00pooterSS 12-17-2018 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by brandon6.0 (Post 20016911)
I have a set of factory ls3 rockers with stands. I can order and install a better trunion setup if interested.

I also have some comp 1.8 ls3 roller rockers i need to get rid of. All my stuff is cathedral setup. I have no need for the ls3 stuff.

If interested PM me.

That sounds like a plan

OP if you want to upgrade trunions go with the bushing style

A.R. Shale Targa 12-25-2018 07:51 PM

I would stay away from factory rockers with more than .600” lift. Seen the LS3 intakes get trashed and tear up the valve tips in 3-5 thousand miles. The scrubbing nature just runs out of geometry past the 600 mark Tooley brought this to light Buncha years ago

G Atsma 12-25-2018 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by A.R. Shale Targa (Post 20020941)
I would stay away from factory rockers with more than .600” lift. Seen the LS3 intakes get trashed and tear up the valve tips in 3-5 thousand miles. The scrubbing nature just runs out of geometry past the 600 mark Tooley brought this to light Buncha years ago

A good set of roller-tipped rockers gets the job done here. Check TSP for theirs...