Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Need help after head gasket replacement!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help after head gasket replacement!

Just replaced head gaskets on my LS2/3 frankenstein. After attempts to start..(worked out kinks with fuel pressure), the pulleys sound as if they are trying to bind and are turning slower and slower. Oil pressure is good, fuel is now good. Any ideas? Im trying to post a short video of the sound..
Thanks
Old 01-14-2019, 07:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ubersage
Just replaced head gaskets on my LS2/3 frankenstein. After attempts to start..(worked out kinks with fuel pressure), the pulleys sound as if they are trying to bind and are turning slower and slower. Oil pressure is good, fuel is now good. Any ideas? Im trying to post a short video of the sound..
Thanks
Short video of the noise and pulleys
Attached Files
Old 01-14-2019, 09:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1,785 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by Ubersage

Short video of the noise and pulleys
It looks like it's locking up and the belt is squealing. Prior to installing pulley's, alternator, power steering pump, a/c compressor did you make sure all of those components spun freely? Also did you pull all the spark plugs out and turned the engine over by hand to make sure it's not binding up?
Old 01-14-2019, 09:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Was this engine running right before the gasket swap? What bore size gasket did you install? I also wonder if its binding.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Default Mystery solved.

Originally Posted by 01CamaroSSTx
It looks like it's locking up and the belt is squealing. Prior to installing pulley's, alternator, power steering pump, a/c compressor did you make sure all of those components spun freely? Also did you pull all the spark plugs out and turned the engine over by hand to make sure it's not binding up?
Originally Posted by s30.hybrid
Was this engine running right before the gasket swap? What bore size gasket did you install? I also wonder if its binding.
Didn’t want this to go unanswered and appreciated the feedback. This was a little depressing and i needed some time and distance to think on this. Last week i was fumbling around with the pulleys again and found a bolt was backed out into the power steering pulley that was completely out of my view on previous inspections. Fired right up after the fix and purrs. Thanks for the help.