Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Anybody use HPR in McKinney Texas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 05:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Behold raw pics of the HPR 527ci and the 468 you are talking about that went in a red C6. I’m local to them and they have specd my cam in my 417. They will be building my land speed motor. Eric and Anthony know there stuff.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm placing a order for a 468 with HPR this week to replace my ERL 427. Top end will be the MMS LS7 package that I bought from Tony a year ago.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:04 AM
9 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Talking

You can’t go wrong with Erik. I’ve been dealing with him since 2004 and won’t change him for nothing
Old 02-19-2019, 08:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Do they do smaller stuff also? I'm.30 min outside McKinney and I need a builder I can trust even tho I'm not a sponsored racer I still want my engine done right. I just want mine built into a 408. I don't mind paying for good work but its going into a car for my wife 2011 twin turbo 408 5th Gen Camaro I want it to be a solid build we can enjoy.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dimeomboost
Do they do smaller stuff also? I'm.30 min outside McKinney and I need a builder I can trust even tho I'm not a sponsored racer I still want my engine done right. I just want mine built into a 408. I don't mind paying for good work but its going into a car for my wife 2011 twin turbo 408 5th Gen Camaro I want it to be a solid build we can enjoy.
yes sir, they do a lot. I’ve seens as ls3 build to Dodge Viper motors getting built in there. if your only 30 mins away I’d swing by and check the place out it’s off powerhouse house rd in McKinney. not huge but they do huge things
Old 02-19-2019, 10:54 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by 1_fast_1le

yes sir, they do a lot. I’ve seens as ls3 build to Dodge Viper motors getting built in there. if your only 30 mins away I’d swing by and check the place out it’s off powerhouse house rd in McKinney. not huge but they do huge things
Agreed. He has an ultrasonic cleaner that he uses to clean blocks too. If you happen to be there when he’s cleaning one, its pretty badass.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up

Guys, I am not a paid sponsor here so I am not here to sell anything just answering a few questions. We are supplied by and do a lot of business with most of LS1tech.com's vendors including but not limited to the guys below.

We do use Steve Demirjian at Race Engine Development for a lot of our blocks right now as well as 4 other shops depending on which and what shop is requesting or sending us stuff to build. Steve D is a cut above everyone in terms of know how, workmanship and experience at sleeving and uses a stress relieving procedure that can make a big difference on some jobs as well as pioneering the sleeved LSx scene with his DARTON MID wet sleeves as well as the later dry sleeves.

We've also used ERL and still use TSP and 2 other smaller cnc shops for different types of sleeved blocks as well depending on what type of block and who has inventory at the time when people want things fast. We have several dedicated custom Wiseco and CP pistons for dry and wet sump use and high and lower compression since some of these are higher hp road race engines 650 to 800+ RWHP depending on what fuel and top ends and manifolds go on them.

Billy Godbold at Comp Cams has also really gone out of his way to help us develop some awesome valvetrain packages that can withstand hours of higher rpm abuse in an open track environment and also helped us pick up nearly 20 rwhp with no changes in lift or duration just much more stable stuff so a big thanks to Billy and Comp Cams as well.

We're almost over 700 RWHP with our main pump gas road race combo and the MSD LS7 Atomic intake in dry sump road race trim and these have been very reliable so far. With smaller heads and cams they can make over 625 ft lbs of tq and over 600 hp at the wheels and with bigger cam and heads and more compression they can go much higher.

Troy Messer and G Speed won the NASA TTU unlimited road race national championship at the TEXAS F1 track outside Austin, Circuit of the Americas, COTA, a few months back with one of our pump gas hydraulic roller 468s making 675 RWHP and 625 RWTQ both SAE corrected through an Emco sequential transmission (eats about 15 to 20 rwhp) beating several power adder cars including another recent twin turbo national champion.

This last weekend Feras Abuqartoumy also won The Super Lap Battle at Circuit of the Americas (COTA) in his HPR 468 pump gas hydraulic roller powered C6 Z06. Feras has also run and has won some Optima Ultimate Street Car events as well.

In fact we now have several Optima Ultimate Street Car, Super Lap Battle and Global Time Attack drivers as well as countless HPDE event drivers with these engines so they've been around a while as well as about 50 different street racers who don't always say they are 468s if you know what I mean.

We've even done some very mean short bed NA 468 half tons that have shocked some people in Cali and Mexico as well. With a truck you can run intakes that are hell on a car to fit!
Old 02-20-2019, 06:49 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Jake... You need to get that 468 from these guys....
Old 02-20-2019, 08:08 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
jake... You need to get that 468 from these guys....
Fact.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

I used Erik when he was HKE and the work was fantastic....hardest part as usual was lack of communication. He was swamped back then, just needed some help.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up

One more thing is of course we do smaller engines as well like everyone else as in 347s and 370s and 402s etc. Basically whatever makes the most sense for the customer and their application.

We build for race classes where they have to be kept a certain size so that's what you do and you just pick parts suited to those size engines and go from there.

The biggest deal with many of these engines are the heads and intakes since in the LS/LT world there are so many to choose from.

TSP has several promising intakes coming out they showed at PRI I think will be very nice.

BTR also has there new shorter runner similar to the Holley Hi Ram but with more hood clearance.

Comp and RHS have some more options now with the FAST shorter runnered stuff and RHS has the new interchangeable runner composite manifold that should be awesome too.

MSD still has the awesome LS7 Atomic which seems to be the best for the 7K and down LS7 crowd like many people use and Tony Mamo sells ported by him as well which seems to be almost the best option right now for the LS7 engines using hydraulic rollers.

Then there's the exotics from Performance Design in carbon fiber which as awesome but pretty pricy as well as the full billet manifolds from LME and Frankenstein which are like works of art as well and are very popular with the higher rpm and power adder guys.

The top ends kinda set what the bottom ends will do for the most part although we've found that the LS7 heads are all plenty big untill you get over 8000 but the manifolds for the higher rpm big stuff really start thinning out.

The LS7 Hi Ram is nice for up to 8K as are some of the carb style intakes especially the serious ones like the CID which are capable of even 9K+ rpm on bigger engines but not that many guys on here are building engines of that caliber right now.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 991 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Jake... You need to get that 468 from these guys....
Originally Posted by KCS
Fact.
With a CID intake to turn 9,000 + rpm

Old 02-20-2019, 07:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

Half the trick is making sure you are realistic and spec out exactly what you want to get, then,,,,

get a full build list of what's to be done.

Get anything you're going to provide to the builder on time and deliver it in a crate if possible.

Be very clear in the conversation about when it will be done and how much it will cost.

Make sure BOTH of you have it written down.

Agree on status updates,, my guy sent me like 4 emails over the course of a couple weeks,
Block done/ Heads Done/, balance done, short block done / Top end assembled Degreed in / Called me when it was ready..
(TO be fair he's a close acquaintance and we have wrenched track side a fair amount)

Clear communications from the start head off a LOT of bs..
Old 04-15-2019, 10:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 194 Likes on 119 Posts

My HPR 468 is nearing completion.
While I have a build thread on the CF, I'll start a build thread here too.