Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

New Forged 416 LSA how long before ring wash?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 10:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Forged 416 LSA how long before ring wash?

I put this in the SC section, but wanted good coverage/info..I have a newly built 416 LSA, All stock compression, with ID1050x, BTR cam.. I started it for about 40 seconds.. I noticed the fuel smell, I have a stock tune on the computer..Car sonded great.. but shut it off and I never retried.. I started looking up the fuel smell and noticed Fuel wash as a issue...I know LSA have oil squirters, so that helps with washing.. What are the odds I screwed it up with 40secs car was on the jacks, I actually taped the start up so know exact time

Im going to change the oil, the oil didnt reek of gas, but Im taking no changes and have a tune scheduled.

Thanks for the help
Old 02-12-2019, 07:02 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Probably not screwed up, but definitely not good. If you need to fire it up again on the stock tune, put the stock injectors back in.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a tune coming this week.. Im going to change oil, even though it doesnt smell like gas, Im going to squirt just a tick of oil in each cylinder as well. I pulled the plugs and they gas raw gas on them, So Im letting the cylinders breathe..

Originally Posted by KCS
Probably not screwed up, but definitely not good. If you need to fire it up again on the stock tune, put the stock injectors back in.