Notices
Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS3 434 build

Old 04-13-2019, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

Default LS3 434 build

I've decided to make a new thread for my current build. The engine is an erl sleeved ls2 with a 4.155 bore and 4.00 stroke. This will not be a max effort build, just something fun to cruise around with and play with in the streets. I'm using a compstar crank and rods and wiesco flatop pistons, johnson 2116 lifters. I was on the fence about using trickflow 245 or their ls7 casting, but I ended up just having advanced induction port some ls3 heads I had for another build. I'm thinking about using comp cam's new bsr shaft rocker system.

Phil at ai suggested that I use their 280cc program due to the displacement of my engine. The heads have btr 660 springs, ti retainers, and factory ls3 hollow stemmed intake valves. 65cc chambers, that should put me at 11.7 static compression.

The car is a 71 Chevelle, gto t56, moser 9 inch 3.55 gears, I'm still undecided on what cam and intake to run. Seems like the fast 102 will work the best but the holley hi ram will make the most hp. I like the looks of the holley intake better and I think that I can sacrifice some torque with my displacement, plus it fits under the hood of my car. I'm really curious to see what a large displacement ls3 headed engine can do as I don't see to many builds with this combo.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice build you have going...in for results and predictions
Old 04-13-2019, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cam Motion LLSR and FAST Hi-Ram (should be out soon if not all ready.
Just my .02
following
Old 04-13-2019, 09:02 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Sounds like what I'm doing... Darton sleeved 434.

With SPS Haymakers and a FAST Med Runner... and LLSR.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like the direction here. Those heads are very capable of doing way more than what your looking to do with the car. My opinion here is stay away from the Hi-Ram, unless your looking to see max effort power at 7500+ rpm. Sure your going to make a lot of torque with the displacement, but why give it away with the intake choice. Torque is king on the street. Since your looking for a nice street cruiser, go with the ported FAST or wait for the new FAST Hi-Ram, and try the different runner combination. As you said, we have plenty of room under these hoods. I’m running a 3.73 gear, but will go 3.90 soon. I have the .50 6th gear and it’s too high even for interstate, like 1400 rpm at 70. 2” primary headers will help you here also across the board for power/torque. What pan are you running?
Old 04-13-2019, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

If not a high ram ,dont rule out the Holley sniper. This will be a nice street motor
Old 04-14-2019, 06:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
I like the direction here. Those heads are very capable of doing way more than what your looking to do with the car. My opinion here is stay away from the Hi-Ram, unless your looking to see max effort power at 7500+ rpm. Sure your going to make a lot of torque with the displacement, but why give it away with the intake choice. Torque is king on the street. Since your looking for a nice street cruiser, go with the ported FAST or wait for the new FAST Hi-Ram, and try the different runner combination. As you said, we have plenty of room under these hoods. Im running a 3.73 gear, but will go 3.90 soon. I have the .50 6th gear and its too high even for interstate, like 1400 rpm at 70. 2 primary headers will help you here also across the board for power/torque. What pan are you running?
I'm using the Holley 302-3 pan this time, which brand headers are you using?
Old 04-14-2019, 06:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NAVYBLUE210 View Post
Cam Motion LLSR and FAST Hi-Ram (should be out soon if not all ready.
Just my .02
following
I'm thinking about going LLSR, but I've already purchased some Johnson lifters. I'm looking into the fast Hi RAM intake.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lawrenq View Post
I'm using the Holley 302-3 pan this time, which brand headers are you using?
Im running ARH 2 primary headers. How does that pan fit?
Old 04-14-2019, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
Im running ARH 2 primary headers. How does that pan fit?
I haven't used it yet, on the last engine I used the 302-2 pan and it fit perfect, I didn't have any issues. I'm only using the 302-3 pan to clear the 4" stroke.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: