Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Need Help On 05 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help On 05 Corvette

I have a 2005 corvette in the shop here at the dealer. The problem is there is only 3 gear. We replace transmission control module. Now only has 1 and 2 gear. I remember reading something about the assembly line stopping to replace trans on automatic. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:41 PM
Teching In

It was my intent to purchase a 2005 right off the assembly line for I have clients in management there. i was getting weekly reports on all of the problems with the new Corvettes, and posted them on other sites. No one seemed to see past their nose with this warning.
The problem you are having is only one of many and G.M. is well aware of this. They have thrown all the unexpected problems over to the dealers so they can eat the labor. The problem is you only a a limited amount of times to return the vehicle to the dealer before they wash their hands of it. Don't drive or keep your car in the rain either! I would be more than happy to discuss these problems with you in detail if you wish to contact me at: law107@optonline.net.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:33 PM
TECH Addict

assembly line was stopped to replace manual transmissions, not automatics.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by law107
It was my intent to purchase a 2005 right off the assembly line for I have clients in management there. i was getting weekly reports on all of the problems with the new Corvettes, and posted them on other sites. No one seemed to see past their nose with this warning.
The problem you are having is only one of many and G.M. is well aware of this. They have thrown all the unexpected problems over to the dealers so they can eat the labor. The problem is you only a a limited amount of times to return the vehicle to the dealer before they wash their hands of it. Don't drive or keep your car in the rain either! I would be more than happy to discuss these problems with you in detail if you wish to contact me at: law107@optonline.net.
Please go away and never visit again! All new model introductions involve some sort of growing pains and that is that. Some choose to go through the pains and some don't, some makers do a better job at dealing with them than others.

Oh, just to add...The automatic transmission has been around for a while now and is not new to the C6, other than internal beefing that has been used in the truck line for years now.

Todd
Old 11-12-2004, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by camarossdn
I have a 2005 corvette in the shop here at the dealer. The problem is there is only 3 gear. We replace transmission control module. Now only has 1 and 2 gear. I remember reading something about the assembly line stopping to replace trans on automatic. Any help would be appreciated.
the correct part# for the module is 24226863. the part# 24223112 is the incorrect one if that is what they used. GM bulletin# 1563617
Old 11-12-2004, 10:57 AM
TECH Veteran

would you mind saying which dealer you have it at? Have they contacted GM about the issue?
Old 11-12-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

YES We checked and used the right module, now only has 1 and 2nd gear. We know they changed part #. Any other ideas?