LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Generation IV Internal Engine (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iv-internal-engine-80/)
-   -   LS7, Z06 - hard top, glassback? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iv-internal-engine/242465-ls7-z06-hard-top-glassback.html)

Sport Side 11-24-2004 01:48 PM

LS7, Z06 - hard top, glassback?

Sorry, if this is a repost.

Does anyone know?

Thank you,

Kyle

niphilli 11-25-2004 07:13 AM

Fixed Roof Glass back...From what I have been told

Fulton 1 11-25-2004 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by niphilli
Fixed Roof Glass back...From what I have been told

:werd:

Sport Side 11-25-2004 02:55 PM

Well, I was hoping for the coupe, hard-top.

Oh well, thanks guys.

HalfMoon 11-25-2004 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by SportSide 5.3
Well, I was hoping for the coupe, hard-top.

Oh well, thanks guys.

You never know.

The test mule cars have been C6 Coupes, but then, there is no FRC C6, so if they drove it around it would surely get alot of attention....

Maybe they were only using the Coupe as the mule on the street? Maybe the next Z will be a Coupe style and not a FRC?

We'll know for sure in January when they debut it at the autoshow.

I'm hoping for the "Coupe" version, I never liked the trunk on the FRC/Z/Vert, and there's alot of things I've had to carry in my Coupe that wouldn't fit in a FRC/Vert, like a big IceChest full of Angus and Prime Beef.. :)

_Zac 11-25-2004 05:21 PM

Most Z06 owners would like to keep it a FRC I think. I wouldn't do another Vette unless it is a FRC. Maybe a vert but thats a FRC soft top in my eyes. :lol:

LS1LT1 11-26-2004 01:27 AM

The term FRC (fixed roof coupe) is a tough one, any style without a removable roof can be called an FRC so even if it's a fastback like the base C6 it can still be considered an FRC providing the roof doesn't come off.
A better term to use might be 'notchback FRC' perhaps. ;)

Sport Side 11-26-2004 09:51 AM

Ok. Well, I hope its not a glassback FRC. I prefer the notchback look, at least on the C5.

Thank you for you guys help.

Bink 11-26-2004 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by _Zac
Most Z06 owners would like to keep it a FRC I think. I wouldn't do another Vette unless it is a FRC. Maybe a vert but thats a FRC soft top in my eyes. :lol:

My thoughts exactly......I wouldn't have bought a "coupe". Actually what sold me was the LS6 :) .

niphilli 11-28-2004 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by SportSide 5.3
Ok. Well, I hope its not a glassback FRC. I prefer the notchback look, at least on the C5.

Thank you for you guys help.

I am with you my friend, but I dont think it is going to come true. Performance wars are on, and the glass back has better aero properties and is more stable at high speed. I think GM is going to shoot for 190+mph

BlueSix 11-28-2004 06:30 PM

I am with you my friend, but I dont think it is going to come true. Performance wars are on, and the glass back has better aero properties and is more stable at high speed. I think GM is going to shoot for 190+mph

I'm sure someone could make the argument that a notchback style would provide greater downforce over the ass end of the car as opposed to a fastback style.

It's just a thought, i don't start physics until january.....so i may be a little off.

Phoenix 5.7 11-28-2004 07:01 PM

i think a split window coupe would be sweet.

Tony Montana 11-28-2004 09:54 PM

That would own

Jammer 11-29-2004 09:27 PM

Split window would be all it took to put it over the top.