Notices
Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Hypothetical LS7 question

Old 11-29-2004, 09:17 AM
12 Second Club

Default Hypothetical LS7 question

Im sitting at work bored as hell so please bare with me. Lets say LS7 is a 7.0 liter and i want to put this in my camaro. I would have to use a LS1/LS6 4.125" crank and and LS1/LS6 cam right? Now if this is right...i would only have to wait for the block and the intake to come out. I dont have to worry about any vendors having to do some R&D on anything. Is it possible that the new LS7 heads can be better then the AFR 225's? Oh i cant wait! Hopefully by next winter ill have a 427 sittin in the garage waiting to go in!
Old 11-29-2004, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Supposedly, the LS7 heads are based on the C5R head and will absolutely kick ***. If that's the case, all the LS7 will need in order to be one hell of a nasty motor is a set of forged pistons and a cam.

On a side note, I would expect a crate LS7 to be EXPENSIVE. Some folks are saying that it may be ~$8k, but I REALLY doubt it. I'd put my money on nearly double that price.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:31 AM
12 Second Club

Wait the LS7 is gonna be a forged crank to begin with? And i thought that anyone with a LS1 ecm will have to use a LS1 style crank? What would it take to drop in a factory LS7? Just a new ecm and relocate the cam sensor wire? TB of coarse.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:07 AM
TECH Addict

Will you accept hypothetical answers?
Old 11-29-2004, 12:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by technical
Will you accept hypothetical answers?
Well everything about the LS7 is hypothetical right now. I know someones gonna chime in and tell me that "yes this is what the ls7 is" but untill i see that thing in a gm catalogue with a part number, it doesnt exist. Hey you think that vendors would take hypothetical money?
Old 11-29-2004, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

I have some Monopoly money lying around. Ya think they take orange $100 bills?

FWIW, The cam and tb will be different and your harness will have to be modified. And I would suspect that a GM crank ( probably not forged ) would be a cheaper route. Of course it's up to you. It's only orange money after all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hypothetical LS7 question

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: