Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

New motor runs but no oil pressure, HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New motor runs but no oil pressure, HELP!!!

Hey guys,
I finally got the car to start but I have no oil pressure. I took off the front cover and oil shoots out of the oil passage there and I also removed the block plate above the oil filter and oil shoots out there. The car shows no oil pressure at the guage and I pulled a valve cover and no oil is coming out the rockers.
Two questions, are my bearings getting oil? Any ideas what is going on? The motor is brand new built by Scoggin Dickey. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Banned

could the spacer for the timing chain be put on backwards. it should be a triangular piece that points toward the crank.

Nate
Old 06-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by VTESPEED
I ended up having to rebearing my motor after the same problem on 408". I only ran it just 15-20 seconds total over several starts. dont start it till you find the problem.

There is a plug on the front behind the timing cover that was missing. It pumped 5-10 psi of oil pressure but the rest went right out the front hole. Is that plug there? also is the plastic plug in the back in?
Hmmm, I don't remember installingt any plugs under the front timing cover. Can you tell me where exactly it is. Also, where is the one in back you are talking about? I that one beneath the rear cover? Sounds like you might be on to my problem, can you let me know where these plugs are? Thanks a lot.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NEW402
Hmmm, I don't remember installingt any plugs under the front timing cover. Can you tell me where exactly it is. Also, where is the one in back you are talking about? I that one beneath the rear cover? Sounds like you might be on to my problem, can you let me know where these plugs are? Thanks a lot.
Well, fortunately and unfortunately I think you found my problem. I looked and I am missing both plugs. Unfortunately I have to pull the trainy back off to replace the back one. Hopefully I am no bearing damage. Thanks soooo much for your help.

Quick Reply: New motor runs but no oil pressure, HELP!!!