Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

We need somebody to test our prototype: LS2 cam/knock sensor adapter harness

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 01:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default We need somebody to test our prototype: LS2 cam/knock sensor adapter harness

Today we made a prototype adapter harness for an LS2 swap. It plugs into the cam sensor extension on the front timing cover. It also uses LS1-style knock sensors relocated to the side of the block. The first harness is being sent out now to get a build quote. We've fitted the harness to an engine on a stand but I would like somebody to fit the harness in a car. In exchange for your free part we want feedback on the fitment. The person testing the first unit must be doing this swap within the next few weeks. I would like to get feedback as soon as possible so we can get into production.

If you believe you are a good candidate, please e-mail jason@katechengines.com
Old 12-14-2005, 02:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

E-mail sent. Let me know. I can let you know almost instantly upon receipt of the product.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
E-mail sent. Let me know. I can let you know almost instantly upon receipt of the product.

Ok, sounds good. We have a tester.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:05 AM
On The Tree

Default Katech Questions

I understand why you want to move the LS1 sensors to the block so the receiving car still thinks it's running an LS1, but how do you address the LS2s different cam profile and optimize the PCM for LS2 performance and emmissions compliance?

Different subject, what Computer system do you use in your CTS-V Race cars? Do you use a MAF and are they still fly-by-wire throttle bodies?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:04 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by LS2 V8 Miata
I understand why you want to move the LS1 sensors to the block so the receiving car still thinks it's running an LS1, but how do you address the LS2s different cam profile and optimize the PCM for LS2 performance and emmissions compliance?
Just use HP tuners

Originally Posted by LS2 V8 Miata
Different subject, what Computer system do you use in your CTS-V Race cars? Do you use a MAF and are they still fly-by-wire throttle bodies?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Delphi controller
yes, they use a MAF but its not production
yes, they use fly-by-wire throttle bodies
Old 12-15-2005, 12:51 PM
9 Second Club

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Hello........just was waundering if Katech or any other manf. has looked into a map sensor harness extension for going from the back of the intake on the LS1, to the front of the intake on a LS2 or LS7? Just checking. I am interested in this as well as the knock and cam sensor harness and extensions since I will be doing a LS7 swap soon. I hate to splice into anything that I don't have to. Anyone with any info on this? Thanks Traver
Old 12-15-2005, 01:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by ramairws6
Hello........just was waundering if Katech or any other manf. has looked into a map sensor harness extension for going from the back of the intake on the LS1, to the front of the intake on a LS2 or LS7? Just checking. I am interested in this as well as the knock and cam sensor harness and extensions since I will be doing a LS7 swap soon. I hate to splice into anything that I don't have to. Anyone with any info on this? Thanks Traver

Good point. We're going to make one right now.

Last edited by Katech_Jason; 12-15-2005 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:40 PM
9 Second Club

Cool beans!! As soon as you get those three harnesses done maybe you could sell them to me as a kit or package?! Let me know either way and I will be buying them from you as soon as you get all the fitment issues worked out.Thanks for the fast response!! You would think there would be others out there that would need the map sensor harness also? Traver
Old 12-15-2005, 02:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by ramairws6
Cool beans!! As soon as you get those three harnesses done maybe you could sell them to me as a kit or package?! Let me know either way and I will be buying them from you as soon as you get all the fitment issues worked out.Thanks for the fast response!! You would think there would be others out there that would need the map sensor harness also? Traver

We didn't have the connectors in stock but we took the measurements. This harness will be made with the cam/knock harness and sold as a kit.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:32 PM
9 Second Club

We have been making our own in LS1 to LS2 swaps. I would be interested.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
We have been making our own in LS1 to LS2 swaps. I would be interested.
2 are being built tomorrow for testing and then sent to our testers. If all is well with that they will get built really soon.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:21 AM
9 Second Club

Sounds good! Give me a heads up when they are ready as a kit and I will place my order. Thanks Traver

Quick Reply: We need somebody to test our prototype: LS2 cam/knock sensor adapter harness