Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Gauging Interest in L-92 Sheet Metal Intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 03:55 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As you know I'm interested still Taylor. Hopeing this deal stays around and has enough interest until I can get it in the budget. I hope to be on the list soon.

Very nice looking stuff BTW
Old 04-30-2006, 04:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wet 1
What about under the hood of a C5? If yes, and you're going to offer in a LS7 port config, I'm down.
Let me know when you get an answer for these two... also keep in mind the vettes use a DBW TB, so your TB won't work for those applications.

Also, those of you complaining about the price are out of your minds! You can't touch a sheet metal intake for these prices.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:20 PM
TECH Regular

we put the intake in a z28 and it just clears. We may just take the TB out of the price. This way allowing you to pick your own.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:38 PM
TECH Addict

Mizfit,

Is there any reason the fuel rails we already have wont work? Im just asking cause i already have a set of rails, and a TB. Can you PM me a price for just the intake.

My motor should be selling soon, once it does im prolly going to get one of these from you. Is the prototype done yet? I want to see what it flows.
Please PM me, thanks
Ed
Old 04-30-2006, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Dune-LS1
True... A 105mm T/B is a waste of money on a 400-427 engine... Maybe a 95mm on a all out high-rev 427 but that's about it. JMHO.
Are you refering to n/a and f/i setups? If so I would debate that
Old 04-30-2006, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by billybob77036
Are you refering to n/a and f/i setups? If so I would debate that

N/A F/I... Debate away. And no speculation please. I want hard data.<( i.e, facts)

F/I = Fuel injected, btw. <(To me anyway)
Old 04-30-2006, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

N/A F/I... Debate away. And no speculation please. I want hard data.<( i.e, facts)
I have learned this by playing with turboed applications for the last 5 years. I don't need data to make most understand this concept. There could always be a first though.

a f/i (forced induction) setup will make more power with the least amount of restriction you can get. When you turn the boost up you are only creating more restriction to the air you are force feeding the motor. Why would you want to do this?

Try this example to understand why in a f/i (thats a turbo or a supercharger once again ) needs a larger tb.

Take a straw and blow through it in a controled way, so that you can hold a steady stream. For our example this would be like sending 15lbs through a 90mm tb.

Now take a roll of toilet paper and blow through the tube using the same amount of force. You will have the same air movement (same amount of air) but with less restriction (with a lower boost number) making it easier on the motor. This makes it more easy to move a larger amount of air, should you want to increase the boost.

Clear as mud?
Old 04-30-2006, 11:37 PM
On The Tree

I have learned this by playing with turboed applications for the last 5 years. I don't need data to make most understand this concept. There could always be a first though.

a f/i (forced induction) setup will make more power with the least amount of restriction you can get. When you turn the boost up you are only creating more restriction to the air you are force feeding the motor. Why would you want to do this?

Try this example to understand why in a f/i (thats a turbo or a supercharger once again ) needs a larger tb.

Take a straw and blow through it in a controled way, so that you can hold a steady stream. For our example this would be like sending 15lbs through a 90mm tb.

Now take a roll of toilet paper and blow through the tube using the same amount of force. You will have the same air movement (same amount of air) but with less restriction (with a lower boost number) making it easier on the motor. This makes it more easy to move a larger amount of air, should you want to increase the boost.

Clear as mud?

Hey Muddy. Like I said, "F/I= Fuel injection."... Not forced induction. Your turbo lesson was not needed. and unnecessary.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Banned

Lets keep the subject on topic.

Nate
Old 04-30-2006, 11:49 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nate_Taufer
Lets keep the subject on topic.

Nate
x2
Old 04-30-2006, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

Hey Muddy. Like I said, "F/I= Fuel injection."... Not forced induction. Your turbo lesson was not needed. and unnecessary.
You stated a bigger tb is not needed. I gave you an example of where it would be needed.

We may just take the TB out of the price. This way allowing you to pick your own.
I think that would be a great idea.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

You stated a bigger tb is not needed. I gave you an example of where it would be needed.

I think that would be a great idea.

Look dude, you didn't give me squat! The topic is F/I = Fuel injected, N/A = Normally aspirated, sheet metal intakes and the T/B = throttle body's that are used on them. I said, and I STILL say that you don't a T/B over 90mm on an engine displacing 427 cubic inches or less. If you want to debate THAT, then you are "on topic" with this thread... I CLEARLY stated the F/I = "fuel injected "to me!" ... Nuff said!

btw, the price quoted on this sheet metal intake is a smokin' deal! Most sheet metal intakes "start" at around $2,500.00
Old 05-01-2006, 01:29 AM
Banned

Both of you ******* need to keep this thread on topic. no offense but seriously guys bicker about the bullshit of bigger throttle bodies in another thread.

Nate
Old 05-01-2006, 02:56 AM
On The Tree

1.) I think this sheet metal intake will be a great thing. There are not many choices out there right now and I think this product will have a great place in the market, even more so when you look at the choices of tb's.

2.) There are applications that need something larger then a 90mm.

Build the damn things already.

Dune,
If you have anything else to say, please take it to PM's.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Mizfit MotorSports
Thank you

Look we developed this kit for the main reason of getting these setup out there and together. We cut the normal price of sheet metal intakes in half so I can't understand why the complaining about the price. When we started this there was no other option as far as intakes goes but it sounds like GM will have one coming out soon which is great and hopefully it will flow pretty well and so we can keep this new L92 top end cheap, but to say the package we were going to put together is overpriced then that is crazy. I have never seen anyone else do something like this as cheap as we have. We will be putting this intake on a car in the next few weeks to see how it does and when we do we will post up some results for you guys to judge if this kit is worth it or not.
i agree completely.. thats VERY cheap for a sheetmetal intake.

but you're trying to sell a sheetmetal intake to a bunch of guys that are trying to build a very budget motor.. most of them for more street then strip.

your package is NOT over priced for what it is.. its a crazy great deal.

however, its priced itself out of its market.. if i had enough cash sitting around to dump on that setup, i would be looking at other heads anyway...
you're doing a excelent job keeping the price down.. and i dont want to discourage that.. but im just trying to put it in perspective.. i mean a sheetmetal intake is overkill for most of us anyway... 800 was a lil high for me.. no way im paying more then that. it just prices it out of the budget...
Old 05-01-2006, 09:16 AM
TECH Regular

MrDude I think the gm intake will be a great option for you and I hope it flows well.

If you were to by these heads complete and even get port work done plus this intake kit you will have a complete top end for the price of those different heads you talk about, ie LS7. It looks like there are going to be 2 options of budget setups:

Option 1 very budget: which are these heads in completely stock form plus the cheapest manifold on the market which will be equal to the Ls6 manifold most likely.
Form around a $1000 or so.

Option 2 semi-budget: Which when available these heads ported in complete form (which I'm sure will give any head that flows 340-350 a run for their money) and an complete intake system that will flow the best available on the market. Around $2500-3000

This situtation is a lot like the current Ls1/Ls6 heads when going for a Ls6 intake or a FAST and even if people think the FAST is overpriced I still see people buying a lot of them and now we are offering them a step up from the FAST for damn near the same price so I think you just need to ask your self which option you are shooting for and then we won't have to debate if this kit is a good deal.

So anyone looking to go after option 2 you may want to consider this Kit.

Also as far as the TB goes we will just have to wait for some testing either from us or maybe you guys could help us out as well.

Last edited by Mizfit MotorSports; 05-01-2006 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:31 AM
TECH Resident

So why not offer this for the LS7 heads as well??? That way you're capturing the majority of the market which WILL spend a little more for the intake to capitalize on every last hp. I would think the LS7 market is where the demand (and $) would be, not here.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:40 AM
TECH Regular

Well we are finishing our LS7 project up right now and once we post results we may have so new info to go along with it. So stay tuned...
Old 05-01-2006, 10:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The topic is F/I = Fuel injected, N/A = Normally aspirated,
Just to save you future grief, on here F/I is considered forced induction to everyone. It's a given that we are fuel injected lol. Now back to the program.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mizfit MotorSports
Well we are finishing our LS7 project up right now and once we post results we may have so new info to go along with it. So stay tuned...
Its a killer deal. Alot of these guys who have questions about how a sheet metal intake will perform probably don't need one. IMO there are a lot of high HP street cars that could use a bit of low end scrubbed off. From a fabricator and machinist standpoint you can barley build this for the money they are asking let alone the design and proto hours they most certainly have put into it. Hope you get more takers.

Quick Reply: Gauging Interest in L-92 Sheet Metal Intake