Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 12-08-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Yes, I just tuned an 05' GTO the other day.....We have a huge GTO club in our area and additionally, one of my employees has an 04 that we have messed with alot.....

The engine is the same as the vette.....so is the computer and the trans....
The computers are the same as the vettes? Really please do tell.

Dave
Old 12-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Teching In

Default yes they are.....

Originally Posted by 99Fbody99
The computers are the same as the vettes? Really please do tell.

Dave

Hey there Dave....

Yeah....they are the same.....

There is a 99 and up pcm....then there is the 05 pcm which is all by itself....it's called the E-40.

Then there is the newest one.....it's called E-38 it started in the vettes in 06 and the trucks and even the cobalt ss.....Most vehicles have it in 06 and later...

The 99 and later pcm can be found as late as 06 in the silverado and the rest of the truck line......

Chuck CoW
Old 12-08-2006, 09:55 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

don't forget the E67 now as well the 04-05 vettes/gto's share the same computer, 06+ they are different as the vette has moved on to the E38 but the gto kept the E40.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 61 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by fried rice
This will be my last post about MR COW 1) I was not the one going around USING ANOTHERS TUNERS NAME!!!! I REMEMBER A CERTIAN COW CALLING HIMSELF THE VETTE DOCTOR.2) When all this information about the post reguarding your tune on a certian z06 came to light you still called yourself the VETTE DOCTOR. 3) What most people including myself were annoyed about was YOUR LACK OF CONCERN THAT YOU USING THE NAME VETTE DOCTOR and knowing that that name could and would most likely BE CONFUSED WITH THE REAL VETTE DOCTORS could cause alot of CONFUSION. 4) When the origional post was made YOU POINTED YOUR FINGER TO THE ORIGIONAL TUNER AND YOU TOOK NO BLAME WHICH IS LAUGHABLE. 5) The car was driven 25000 miles without a problem before you bragged to the owner how you could give him 30 more HP. 6) A s far as myself and quimbo not being responsible adults were both old enough to be your father the difference between you and us is we can admit when we are wrong!!!! on the other hand you are being a child pointing your finger at other tuners and not standing up and admitting you made a mistake.

Rice
So basically this a bash of someone you have personal issues with. I think you were just waiting for things to take a shot at the guy with and I wonder if the tuner you worship ever made a mistake perhaps with a set of headers. Not something I want to waste time reading much more on.

I am surprised that a moderator is participating in this. It seems to me that it is a conflict of interest and no one from administration should ever put themselves in that position; very unprofessional. To take the guy's money as a forum supporter and then publically participate in a bash that would cost him business is probably a civil issue.

I dont know the truth here but it seems there is some validity at least to the fact that the guy was aware his car wasnt running right and the tuner said he would address it and suggested not to drive the car. Many tuners mess up and make good on it. A few can't under certain circumstances when the customer interferes or makes things worse.

I think what is needed here is for the thread poster to state if there was any warning that he ignored and let them settle the issues without the tuner roast continuing for the benefit of the haters just stirring up trouble without a care in the world of what happened to this guy's motor. There is nothing productive happeneing here.

Old 12-09-2006, 01:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Quimbo
spinmonster thats correct the key word here is PRIOR issues i havent seen Classic Restorations tune so dont make me out to be a DEMON this tuner has screwed up in the past and wouldnt admit it and pointed fingers else where so what makes you think if he screwed up again he wouldnt point fingers towards someone else like he did this time. There are 3 sides to every STORY CLASSIC
RESTORATION, COW ANDS MOST IMPORTANT THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im done here i will just sit back and wait till someone else has a problem and then I CAN SAY I TOLD YOU SO

ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING
I was bringing up the brakes to establish a pattern of how the guy maintains his car. I agree with the 3 sides to the story though. Your posts dont clarify any of them. Your opinion was and is valid but you stated it a few times already. Let the thread paly out without padding it.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wheeelzzz
Quimbo
Who the hell is this tuner. pm me
You are trying to say that you still dont know who it is by now? No one takes that long to flip to the right page.

Old 12-09-2006, 01:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Oh wow, those were definitely half assed. Something got in there for sure. Not just one, but both engines, that's really really strange, I'd be a little leary too.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:09 AM
The know it all's know it all

Chuck did you just publicaly say that an engine can't run 45btdc for timming becuase it will run backwards ????? You have just been called out. I think you are immature and incompetent. the text in this paragraph alone is enough to qualify that statement as being valid. You obviously don;t have enough understanding of how an engine burns fuel to not realize not only is it possiable to run 45btdc you actually run more timming then that and it will still run. Albiet in a state of waiting to blow up in the case of a 03 z06 which should never have more then 26btdc ever peroid.

so Chuck why would a properly tunned engine knock and detonate ??? not understanding the engine. Most of the good tuners understand that cylinder #7 can run a bit lean and we all make sure to run a hairbit fat to keep that damage from happening.

again My opinion. you should never be allowed to touch a vehicle PCM ever again peroid.

go ahead and sue me i dare you.

Sean

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW

3) Let me explain something so everyone understands.... The conventional V8 engine crankshaft rotates 360 deg. No big surprise....V8's have 8 cyls. When you divide 360 deg by 8 cyls.....what do you get? 45deg. So, if we're running timing in excess of 40+ degrees the engine could actually lose power or even run backwards...... Now, knowing this....Why would I run the timing sooo high? Additionally, what is to stop me from reading a tune from someone who had a car tuned at my competition's shop and just add 15 degrees of timing for fun..just to make them look like they didn't know what they were doing??? Or, for that matter...take any one of 1000+ tunes in my computer, regardless of the vehicle it came from......and make up obscene numbers and post screen shots of my laptop.....and blame the butchery on another local tuner whom I'd love to see go out of business. Put the fear of god in the members of the forum.... Well, like I said above, the clowns that are (mind you they are only 3 or 4 of the thousands of customers and forum readers who actually regard me as one of the better tuners in the business.....) posting all of this crap are actually cheerleaders for THEIR favorite shop....

Chuck CoW
Old 12-09-2006, 06:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Spinmonster
I saw a scan of AINTQIK's car and that table didnt look anything like that. He didnt have 45 degrees anywhere on the table and the scan revealed no knock anywhere.

I guess when the topic suits, people can post what they need to.

Anyone else have a tune from him? I will scan it with HPtuners and let you know. If there is any truth to this and it isnt just a bash like Quimbo folk who have prior issues with Chuck invalidating the statements, we should know.
He locks the PCM so how would you read it?

Quick Reply: Bad Tuning blows up '03 Z06/ Bad LS7 crate motors