Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Livernois Motorsports L92 Heads!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 03:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
**** you dude. Nobody said I was a head/cam guru, nor did I claim to be. Never once did I say anything bad about these heads. I just posted up constructive comments to be talked about. I didn't say anything about port legnth nor cross sections. I've heard all that **** before. Way to go back and look up someone elses post to make it sound like you know something on the matter.

FWIW, if I were building some BS, run of the mill 402/408, I could have been finished a LONG time ago. Big projects cost alot more money and it dosen't grow on trees, at least not here. I'm not quite sure were you get off talking **** when no one even refrenced anything bad to start with. Maybe your mad because your not quite sure how to build a motor? It's not my fault your motor didn't make any power. Plenty of AFR headed 402/408's have hit 540+, so maybe you should have stuck with selling that mistical 248/254 XE-R cam you claimed you have.....god da*ned buzzard.
**** you dude?, aww.... did hurt your feelings.. you can insult me all you want but you talk like you know all this crap, but in reality you are really limited on your know how.. well dude if you it takes you a year to build a motor,then you are in the wrong hobby my friend, at least dont post the motor in your sig , a motor is not a bunch of pieces laying around in the garage, a motor is a put together item. 2c5's dyno numbers are very impressive considering the car was hot, and the cam is very small for the combo. and these are out of the box bone stock castings as well as the intake.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chad, Does Virgil Hicks Still Work There? I Had My Car Built There And Had A Question. I Had A Race Trim Blower Put On A 383 From You. Can You Put A Smaller Pulley To Get More Than 13lbs Of Boost? My Supercharger Is A Vortech.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
**** you dude?, aww.... did hurt your feelings.. you can insult me all you want but you talk like you know all this crap, but in reality you are really limited on your know how.. well dude if you it takes you a year to build a motor,then you are in the wrong hobby my friend, at least dont post the motor in your sig , a motor is not a bunch of pieces laying around in the garage, a motor is a put together item. 2c5's dyno numbers are very impressive considering the car was hot, and the cam is very small for the combo. and these are out of the box bone stock castings as well as the intake.
Hurt my feelings? Nah. You came out of no were with the belittleing, not me. It's up to you if you want to try and make someone look stupid and end up looking like the dick. Limited on my know how? I guess that depends. I don't calim to be David Vizard, but I'm no DA when it comes to these motors. As far as my build goes, it can take as long as I want. If I want to drop $25k in my car, I can't do it overnight. Overall, it's hard to do in a year. As for posting it in my sig.? Whatever. It's here, it's mine, so it's in the sig. Countless people have PM'd looking for info on the stuff I have, and to my knowledge, all of them have been helped in a informative way. It'll take a day or 2 to put it together and a day or 2 to install it neatly, but all of these are time permitting. I don't have a 8 hour job like most people. My minimum is 10 a day and sometimes up to 16, then I have a family to provide for and a house to take care of. I'm not sure who you thought you were talking to, but rest assured, it's not some punk kid sitting behind his momma's computer. I've seen you be an *** in other peoples threads as well, so I don't really feel so singled out. If you wanted to get in on this thread, why didn't you start by arguing my thoughts in a technical manner? Belittleing someone for their opinion is mearly pointless, and holds absolutly no water. You've added nothing but BS to the thread, and my opinion still hasn't changed. I never once said anything bad about the heads in question, nor anyones dyno numbers. I just merley stated that I would choose X head over it. Hardly worth getting ruffled feathers over, but whatever.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chad@LivernoisMotors
Livernois Motorsports is now proud to present our L92 heads for sale and ready to go. We have put alot of R&D into these L92 heads and for the money, you cant beat em!

New GM L92 casting
5 axis CNC machined
Fully assembled
Intake Flow Rate 360 CFM
Exhaust Flow Rate 245 CFM (264 CFM w/ 3/4" Pipe)

Manley Stainless 2.160 Intake Valves
Manley Stainless 1.590 Exhaust Valves
GM Valve Seals, Retainers, and Locks
Manley single coil valve springs
No core required

They can be seen on our website here.. http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/...t.phtml?p=1534

If you have any questions/comments, please feel free to post!

Thanks,

Chad @ Livernois Motorsports

Any dyno numbers over the stock ones
Old 01-19-2007, 01:23 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Hurt my feelings? Nah. You came out of no were with the belittleing, not me. It's up to you if you want to try and make someone look stupid and end up looking like the dick. Limited on my know how? I guess that depends. I don't calim to be David Vizard, but I'm no DA when it comes to these motors. As far as my build goes, it can take as long as I want. If I want to drop $25k in my car, I can't do it overnight. Overall, it's hard to do in a year. As for posting it in my sig.? Whatever. It's here, it's mine, so it's in the sig. Countless people have PM'd looking for info on the stuff I have, and to my knowledge, all of them have been helped in a informative way. It'll take a day or 2 to put it together and a day or 2 to install it neatly, but all of these are time permitting. I don't have a 8 hour job like most people. My minimum is 10 a day and sometimes up to 16, then I have a family to provide for and a house to take care of. I'm not sure who you thought you were talking to, but rest assured, it's not some punk kid sitting behind his momma's computer. I've seen you be an *** in other peoples threads as well, so I don't really feel so singled out. If you wanted to get in on this thread, why didn't you start by arguing my thoughts in a technical manner? Belittleing someone for their opinion is mearly pointless, and holds absolutly no water. You've added nothing but BS to the thread, and my opinion still hasn't changed. I never once said anything bad about the heads in question, nor anyones dyno numbers. I just merley stated that I would choose X head over it. Hardly worth getting ruffled feathers over, but whatever.
yes i am sitting behind my grandmas computer right now , yeah you are right i do pick on people sometimes, but you will notice its people that are know it all's, that cant back up there suggestions with anything concrete. are you scared that some $1800 dollar head/intake combo might make similar or more power then your $6000 combo? but sorry for hurting your feelings , hope your make believe motor, makes good internet horsepower
Old 01-19-2007, 09:01 AM
10 Second Club

yes i am sitting behind my grandmas computer right now , yeah you are right i do pick on people sometimes, but you will notice its people that are know it all's, that cant back up there suggestions with anything concrete. are you scared that some $1800 dollar head/intake combo might make similar or more power then your $6000 combo? but sorry for hurting your feelings , hope your make believe motor, makes good internet horsepower

$1,100 head and intake combo.......... but hey, who cares about money.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:09 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by superchargedbandit
Chad, Does Virgil Hicks Still Work There? I Had My Car Built There And Had A Question. I Had A Race Trim Blower Put On A 383 From You. Can You Put A Smaller Pulley To Get More Than 13lbs Of Boost? My Supercharger Is A Vortech.

I PM'd you. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Chad@LivernoisMotors
I PM'd you. Thanks.
THANKS, LET ME KNOW AS I AM ALWAYS TRYING FOR A LITTLE EXTRA.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Veteran

I'm not sure what kind of concrete evidence your wanting. As far as I can see, your only speculating yourself. For the third or fourth time, I don't claim to be a know it all. I've been proven wrong before, and probablly will again, but in the process, I learned something new.
No were in this thread did I tell anyone not to buy one or the other. If I would rather have X head, what do you care? The only thing I said was that one head has still made more power than the other and that's fact. I could care less if you could get a $2 heads intake combo to out power mine. I'll give props to anyone, no matter the combo. And for the record, it was a $8500 head/intake combo. You buy 3 cars, I put top of the line components in my one. What's the diffrence? You can be run of the mill all your life, that's your buisness. I'm doing something no one else has. It's my peragotive. Seems that you just need to get used to opinions cause it's gunna take alot more than your slack jaw to make me change mine. If you can't handle it, maybe the message forums aren't for you. Just remember the next time you try to call someone else out, that actually breaking someone down with factual knowledge will look alot more respectable than just telling someone to STFU witout knowing anything yourself. For the time being, my "make believe" motor and I are gunna go watch some TV. Of course that'll be after I finish feeding my unicorn.

BTW: Don't think for a minute that your hurting my feelings. I actually look foward to coming home from work to see what kind of you've come up with. The only thing I regret was stooping to your level in my first reply back, and taking away from Livernois' thread.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:46 PM
10 Second Club

I'm not sure what kind of concrete evidence your wanting. As far as I can see, your only speculating yourself. For the third or fourth time, I don't claim to be a know it all. I've been proven wrong before, and probablly will again, but in the process, I learned something new.
No were in this thread did I tell anyone not to buy one or the other. If I would rather have X head, what do you care? The only thing I said was that one head has still made more power than the other and that's fact. I could care less if you could get a $2 heads intake combo to out power mine. I'll give props to anyone, no matter the combo. And for the record, it was a $8500 head/intake combo. You buy 3 cars, I put top of the line components in my one. What's the diffrence? You can be run of the mill all your life, that's your buisness. I'm doing something no one else has. It's my peragotive. Seems that you just need to get used to opinions cause it's gunna take alot more than your slack jaw to make me change mine. If you can't handle it, maybe the message forums aren't for you. Just remember the next time you try to call someone else out, that actually breaking someone down with factual knowledge will look alot more respectable than just telling someone to STFU witout knowing anything yourself. For the time being, my "make believe" motor and I are gunna go watch some TV. Of course that'll be after I finish feeding my unicorn.

BTW: Don't think for a minute that your hurting my feelings. I actually look foward to coming home from work to see what kind of you've come up with. The only thing I regret was stooping to your level in my first reply back, and taking away from Livernois' thread.
thank you two for cluttering up this thread with crap!
Old 01-19-2007, 11:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

well your the one that came into this thread, and basically more or less , put down the product of a vendor.

p.s. what feed do you give your unicorn
Old 01-20-2007, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It looks like I am going to be buying a 427 (maybe a 418) shortblock. If I buy the Livernois L92 heads will they work ok with the SPDC LS7 based 427 shortblock with the standard pistons?

I am playing catchup reading everything that I can find about L92s and 418/427 shortblocks so if the question has already been asked I missed the answer.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Maybe someone else has already posted this and if so I am sorry. GM High tech has does a test on the stock L92 heads and produced some really good numbers with them. The following link is part III of the cylinder head test that shows the L92 heads.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...ine_l92_heads/

During Part II of GM high techs dyno test they ran the following heads AFR, Dart, Edelbrock, trickflow and a ported stock head (Livernois stage III LS2 head) heads and the same dyno and same engine set up. The following link provides more information.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...ylinder_heads/

If you look at both of these tests I think they show the stock L92 heads will make as good if not better power than most all of the heads during these test. Now if porting these heads makes more power then I think they will be hard to beat. I hope this information is useful.

Dwight
Old 01-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Teching In

I noticed everybody keeps talking about the L92 ports they are killer but I think the chamber is the biggest improvemnt. It sure looks like the old Winston Cup heart shaped quench chambers Those chambers are awsome compaired to the early LS1, LS2 and LS6 stuff! Just remebr you can't use L92's on a 4.00 bore!
Old 01-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Teching In

To the best of my knowledge you can use the heads on a 4.00" bore.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mike45
To the best of my knowledge you can use the heads on a 4.00" bore.
That's correct, the minimum bore that L92 heads can be used with is in fact a 4.00 bore!!
Old 01-20-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
thank you two for cluttering up this thread with crap!
I've seen worse go longer. It happens from time to time. I apologized already.

well your the one that came into this thread, and basically more or less , put down the product of a vendor.
"Basically, more or less", meaning, "kinda, but not really". I argued the stock L92 casting against a 225, not the Livernois head. Never mentioned anything about them.

p.s. what feed do you give your unicorn
It eats deer corn and carrots.

FWIW, I'd still like to talk about my original argument, however, I'll state it somewhat diffrently. 2 heads being equal in flow, but one being L92 design, the other cathedral, which will be more productive, if either? I know the intake will be the draw down, but assuming that wasn't a problem..........
Old 01-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Teching In

The will bolt on but what you gain in intake port will be lost by the valve being soo cloose to the cylinder wall.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WaterThunder
The will bolt on but what you gain in intake port will be lost by the valve being soo cloose to the cylinder wall.
GM will release, oem vehicles with a 6.0 engine using these heads, which are a 4.00 bore, also in the GMHTP mag., they dynoed the L92 heads, on a 4.00 bore LS2
Old 01-21-2007, 01:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NemeSS
GM will release, oem vehicles with a 6.0 engine using these heads, which are a 4.00 bore, also in the GMHTP mag., they dynoed the L92 heads, on a 4.00 bore LS2
Will they have the same size valves?

I think he has a valid point though. They may work but may not be optimal on a 4.0" bore with the valve so close to the cylinder wall.

Quick Reply: Livernois Motorsports L92 Heads!