Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=12
Link to my Z28.

We will find how how well these valvecovers seal very soon. Bob
Old 10-04-2007, 04:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a set that looks identical from Scooter's Performance.

Had a long conversation about them regarding the manufacturing. He stated that there are other carbon valve covers out there that are prone to leaking. It's because of the mold design and conservative use of material during casting.

The assurance I was given was that these covers do not fall into this catagory. They use heavy weight twill fabric and the molds are all made from solid billet.

The resins used are supposed to be high heat tolerant so that they don't yellow with time.

For almost 500 bucks, they better not!

My big question now is modifying the cover for my GZ performance vacuum pump. Guessing there will be a little machine work involved.

fun stuff!
Old 10-05-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't see a provision for the passenger side fresh air line on an oem setup.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn,$469....You could buy a nice set of custom fuelrail covers any color to match your car and say camaro,ss,ws6,trans am,ect for only $190 and you won't see the valve covers. I don't want to be a hater,but that's alot of money for valve covers.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:31 AM
Teching In

Have them installed in a C5 roadracing car - no leak issues and no color change (so far)

Old 10-09-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hard Core Z28
Please tell me they are not made by ATS once a sponsor here. They sold them and then dissapeared.

Yeah... they sure did sell them. Right up to the point that John flip flopped the whole deal and then cut throat all the sales that ATS had already in the works, just to take them for himself. He then didnt deliver the product as promised... just to make sure that he got all of the promised sales that ATS couldnt fill, because they were left high and dry.

John then started "Carbonfibervalvecovers.com" and stole the rest of the bunch from the one business that opened up the market for him all after he offered market exclusivity.

Gee... now SDPC carries them. Even before a once offered deal to Katech was in the works. Kinda questionable business operations if you think about it.

Oh yeah... John makes all the "Scooters Performance" products as well.

Last edited by chicane; 10-09-2007 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Asshat credit due as deserved

Quick Reply: New Carbon Fiber Valve Covers @ SDPC!!